Chapter Twenty Two The Trial and The Trail

Stalking and breaking orders of Protections are serious and potentially deadly crimes and can be committed by men and women. I want the consequences to be server. So If you like Quinn this Chapter is not for you. Enjoy Chapter 22

 The Trial and The Trail

Finn and Rachel got back from California and back to their daily routines. Rachel would be at the theater and Finn was attending classes. Rachel was restless though. She was struggling to continue her work at NYADA and Funny Girl. She was thinking she should drop out. But then she'd think how she fought to get into NYADA and then she didn't know what to do.

Finn was getting home from his late class. He picked up some falafel and tubule l from the Mediterranean place she loved so much. She only had an afternoon performance and she'd be home when he got there.

"Babe, I brought takeout" he yells as he's walking into their apartment.

"Honey, you're home" she says full of sugar.

"I love you and I missed you today" Finn drops the food on the coffee table and places a kiss on his wife's lips.

"Missed you too and I so love you" Rachel responds with a deepened kiss.

"How was your show, day, school?" Finn asks taking a bit of his tubule.

"Good" she says half heartily

"What's the matter?" he queries

"Nothing why do you always assume something's wrong?" She retorts

"Because I know you and that was not a good 'GOOD'" Finn informs her.

"Fine, it's really annoying how much you know me, you know?" she shrugs and continues "I've been struggling trying to keep up with my classes. I mean I really only attended to get on Broadway and I'm doing that. I just can't find any reason to still be enrolled in NYADA." She looks up at him through wet lashes.

"Babe, if you're not happy and if it's not what you want, you shouldn't have to go. But you also know that once Broadway is over, that you might need your degree" Finn gives her something to think about.

"I know that but it just seems futile you know?" She tells him

"I'll support you no matter what. I'll have your back. And I'll have my degree and be directing some musicals anyway to support us. If you want to withdraw, then do it. I just want you to be happy." Finn tells his wife dropping a kiss onto her lips.

"You always know what to say. I Love you. I'm going to talk to Ms. Thibodaux and withdraw at the end of the semester. That way I'll still get credit for the year and a half I attended and if I want to go back later I can." Rachel smiles at her husband

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Finn had the season of his life. He got into Columbia and walked on starting at Quarterback. He won most of his games and even a Rose Bowl victory. He was riding high. His directing classes were going great. Best of all was his marriage to Rachel. They've been married for a while now and it's better than he ever imagined.

Of course they are both crazy busy, her with the show, him getting ready to direct his first play. It's for his Musical Directing class. He chose to direct The Great Gatsby. They only have to do the first act and he's been crazy trying to find a lead that can express the emotional depth that Daisy displays. He thinks his problem is he can only see one actress to play his Daisy and she's busy being Fanny Brice.

He keeps comparing these girls to Rachel and it's getting him nowhere. He asks Rachel for advice.

"Babe, I need your help" he speaks to her while she's getting ready to go to the theater for the evening performance.