28

Cassie was in her room alone.  Demetri had been pulled away for something important. She just didn't know what.

"I can't just sit here..... maybe a walk will do me some good."

She had been walking down the hall when she heard her nephews voice.

"No! Get away from me!"

When she ran to him, she found a man holding him by the neck.

"Put my nephew down now!" She yelled.

The man complide but then turned his sights to her.

"Ahhhh, Cassie Volturi. Vladimir's little punching bag. We heard about you."

"We? Who is we?" She asked while looking at her nephew to signal him to run and get help.

The man smiled wickedly. "Why all of the new Romanian coven. You didn't think Vladimir and Stefan were alone now. Did you? They started recruiting centuries ago. They just had to keep it quiet."

"Well, you chose the wrong assholes to follow. They are gone...destroyed and you will be next.  You and the rest of your coven if they are anything like you." She had a feeling this is why Demetri was called away. Hopefully, Xander was safe and found help.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The kings were still in the throne room when Xander came running in.

"Papa! There was a man who attacked me. Auntie Cassie got him to let me go, but I think he is gonna hurt her now."

Caius was already heading for the door when Aro asked. "Where were they, my boy?"

"By Livy and my room."

When Caius ran from the room, he passed Demetri, Alec, and Felix, who were coming back empty-handed.

Alec saw his son trembling against his grandfather.  "Xander... what's wrong?  What's on your neck?!"

"Lorenzo attacked him.  Cassie was passing by and got him free.  She is still with Lorenzo, though." Aro said.

Demetri didn't let anyone finish.  He took off behind Caius to find his mate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cassie knew he was going to attack at any minute.  "If you have heard of me,  then you should know not to test me."

"I have always liked a challenge." He says.

Just then, he ran at her. She was about to attack when he transformed into Vladimir. She froze in fear and was pinned to the wall with his have wrapped around her neck.

"My power is to show you your greatest fear.  What is it that you see?  Do you see him?  Do you see the man who broke you over and over again?" He taunts.

She was able to speak out. "I do, and.....I am happy that i finally get to do this." She smiled wickedly and froze him from the inside out.

Demetri and Caius had finally found her. She looked at him with a stone face.  No emotion.

"Cassie, baby.... what happened?" Demetri asked.

She didn't look at him but said, "He hurt my nephew. So I hurt him. I call that even."

Her father carefully walked to her side. "Are you ok, my little one?"

Still not looking away from a frozen Lorenzo, "Peachy."