Never Again to Maybe

Omniscient view

Kai sat at his first therapy session and had no idea what to expect, he'd never been to therapy before nor has he had to share all his feelings before, he usually just left them or argued about them, but he never dig deeper to find the real meaning behind his feelings. He was feeling sad that he even had to do this therapy shit. But when he thought about his man he couldn't not go through with it.

"Good afternoon. I'm Dr. Nicholas, and I will be with you today. What is your name and how should I address you sir?" Kai said his full name and explained to her that just Kai is acceptable "I am a registered therapist at this agency while also having a masters in social work (MSW) I hope that as we continue this will further help with any situation you may have been thinking about. Before we begin I'm just going to go through some of the agencies policies and what will be expected of both you and I." Kai tuned the lady out not really caring to listen to policies, he really just wanted to begin but it seemed to him like she had another plan.

"Today is our first session so I just want to know how you're feeling? It's always a big step to make the decision to pick therapy as an option and I commend you for making an effort already."

Kai answered the question honestly, letting her know that he was a little nervous but he's willing to give a chance if it's going to make him feel better about the certain problems in his life. As he kept talking he watched as his therapist just nodded her head, and kept direct eye contact with him. After he said anything she basically repeated it in different words making him feel heard and also as if she was reassuring him that how he felt was normal.

"Thank you for sharing Kai but I want you to always remember you don't have a problem nor or you at a disadvantage, you have some challenged which may set you back but this doesn't set you apart because everyone on earth has challenges at some point. It's only human." She gave him a warm smile, this lady was 33 years old, she looked younger but Kai assumed that she was in her 30's as well just because of the way she carried herself.

Kai and the doctor just stared at each other for 15 seconds, she didn't write anything for the entire session, which had only been 15 minutes. But when Kai watched television most therapist had their patient lay on a couch and wrote everything they said..... the good and the bad. But as Kai sat there he realized she was writing nothing, then his thoughts were cut short as she spoke.

"That was it for today Kai, since this is your first therapy session ever this was just a way for us to get to know each other, as we continue I hope we will further help you with any challenges that may present themselves. Do you have any questions?" She asked Kai

"Yeah, how long do I gotta keep coming here? I know you said twice a week but so I gotta come like every eeek for the rest of my life? Or?" Kai asked the lady, as she gave a small smile and chuckle. "I can't guarantee an exact date Kai, the process is determined by how much progress we make as unit to better the situation at hand. That can only be done through communication and cooperation. Today was perfect and if we continue with open and honest communication we will be able to reach the goal. Until then our sessions will be one hour, twice a week until we come to an agreement in the future about an ending time. Have a wonderful rest of the day Kai, and I hope to see you next Monday. It really was a pleasure." The doctor said as she got up to shake Kai's hand.

Kai heft the office after speaking with the secretary about all the necessary appointments and everything he needed to know. He had sorted out the payment before when had initially contacted the agency. Kai left and now was on his way home where he was ready to unwind and get into bed. But as he kept driving he started thinking and realized that the doctor never mentioned his baby bump, nor did she make any movements to show she was thinking about it. Weird.

The doctor did notice the dump but she decided not to bring it up as yet as the way Kai rubbed it after every sentence gave her the answer she already needed. She decided since it was a first interview she wouldn't jump into anything and just speak to her new client about the policies, expectations and how he's feeling.

Kai kept driving.

JAH POV

I woke up early this morning watching as Kai was leaving... we did the usual kiss and hug before Kai left. I felt much better and was going to have my first session in 2 weeks, I decided it was best we went to different therapist and a different agency. Kai still wanted us to come to the parenting class and that was in a week. So they were booked and ready.

As I chilled around the house I just thought I'd clean it up some to get it ready for my baby. He had his first session today and I know he was a little nervous, but he played it tough so I'll give him something to get him more relaxed. 😎

He got home and I had a bath running for him, and some food, nothing too extra just something to help him relax. As he got home he gave me a kiss and started talking about his day. I love hearing him talk about his day. He the took of his clothes and left for the bathroom, shouting my name I woke up and walked over to him. "Get in" he said just smiling. I nodded my head and returned naked, stepping in.

I love Kai and I know Kai love me but since the argument or whatever that was it seems like there's been a shift with us. Somehow spending time with the person I love most in this is world is awkward as fuck. It's just weird to be honest and I don't want that to keep being over our heads. I feel as though Kai can feel it as well because he's not said anything since I stepped in here, and it's been about 20 minutes. He could just be relaxing but I know it's probably deeper. I lowkey feel like I ruined the dynamic of our relationship. As though I should've just been better and not make him feel as though I ain't want to be around him or sum.

KAI POV

Laying here with my man and soon to be baby feels good as fuck, but there's this tension in the room that I couldn't help but feel was my fault, I kept pushing him to be with me, and the craziest thing is I even asked him to bathe we me too. Clearly I need to up my sessions to everyday cause I'm already fucking up. I chuckled to myself.

We got out the bath together and got ready to chill. But after the day I had I just felt like sleeping, it wasn't late, it was just a little after 3. I started walking towards the bed instead of the couch. Jah saw and grabbed the food for me bringing it in the room. He gave me a small smile. "Say it?" I asked shyly. He but his bottom hip nodding. "I love you baby, and I love my other baby you making" his smile grew and he eventually looked up at me holding the eye contact. I don't know what happened but I got all shy again and looked down.

This prompted him to get on the bed and lift my chin. "I know shits a lil awkward now but I love you and that never going to change. There's nothing in this world that could stop me from loving you and being with you and child. You hear me?" I just mushed his face away because I'm not sure why I'm being all shy for. He chuckled and the room started to feel light again, similar to old times.

"I don't know Kaishawn, this shy shit making my dick hard. Better stop for I try to fuck you" " it's a shame you can't" I laughed as his face formed a pout. He looked so cute I just decided to kiss him. And I may give him some head, I don't know yet. 😉

"I love you..... shittt" he screamed as he came from the head I gave him. I love this man and I'm willing to do anything to be with him. But I'm really glad we're getting the help we both need. I watched as he was coming down from his high and I just started crying. Out of nowhere happy tears fell from my eyes causing Jah to look at me with worried eyes. I shook my head. "I'm just really happy Javon. I don't know how I met you but I'm glad we're taking the steps to become better. And to think when we first met I said never again."

Jah smiled as I continued sniffing. " you going to let me marry you?" He asked me "maybe" I said with a shrug and a smile. "At least you ain't say never" he said also with a shrug. "So I guess you went from never again to maybe?" "Maybe" I said and he just laughed and kissed me.

The End