17.

OLIVIA POV 

*CHAPTER BEFORE THE MOTHERS DAY CHAPTER*

God, these messages don't stop. It's like every day I get more and more messages and they keep getting more threatening and threatening. I decided to get a new number because I have a slight feeling about who this is. 

I put my phone down and headed directly for the bathroom. I feel super sick today and I don't know why but all I can do is push through and make it through the day, I am a mom after all. I freshen up, throw on some light makeup, and head downstairs. 

"No, it was Lani who did it!" I hear Angel scream from the living room. 

"No. it was Angel and the twins. I'm too big for that stuff." Lani states as she looks at her dad, who is on his phone not paying attention. 

"HEY! What is the issue here? Both of you apologize, and Spencer seriously?!?" I say as he looks up from his phone confused as to why I am questioning him.

"What? They were going to work it out. Let them fight, soon enough they'll get over this, I have to take this." He says as he walks out of the room. 

With me back working, and Spencer back at practice, we can never catch a break

With me back working, and Spencer back at practice, we can never catch a break. The girls are in school, the twins start preschool soon, and I don't know. Part of me wants a baby, and the other doesn't. Motherhood is my dream, but it is also a nightmare. 

"Mommy, I'm hungry and Lani drew on the wall in the twins' room," Angel tells me as she tugs on my leg and I pick her up. 

"Lani? What's your side of the story?" I ask her as she looks up at me from her phone and scoffs. 

"Seriously Olivia, you should know that I am too old for that, maybe I should've just stayed with my mom. You know what, I wish my dad never married you." Right as she said that Spencer walked in and looked at her. 

All I ever do is love these girls and it hurts me that she wished Spencer never married me. I know I'm not her mother but I damn near raised that girl when her mother didn't. I was more of a mother to her when Jordan was out here fucking married men. I know where I stand, and I am not afraid to put a child in their respective places. 

SPENCER POV

The tension in the house is uncomfortable. I love my daughter to death, but at the same time, my wife will always be my main priority and if my kids need to be checked, they will be. Liv has done everything to raise these kids and Lani should know better.

I decided to relieve some tension, so I thought that we could cook together as a family. Quality time is what we need most in this moment and this couldn't be better. Liv walks into the kitchen and immediately washes her hands, soon followed by Lani and Angel. The twins are sleeping, so they get to miss this.

"Okay, first we need to chop up the onions and bell peppers. Lani, can you do that?" Liv asks as Lani gets a pan out of the lower cabinet.

"No, but you can though. I'll just wait until something more entertaining pops up." She says as I just stare at her and she walks out of the kitchen. Liv already feels like shit and I know this makes it 100x worse.

 Liv already feels like shit and I know this makes it 100x worse

"I'm sorry. I don't know what the hell has gotten into her." I tell Liv as she aggressively chops up the onions. 

"It's fine Spencer, it's fine. You look bored too, so this 'idea' of us bonding while making dinner isn't going to happen. I'll cook and call it a day." She told me as I walked up behind her and grabbed her waist.

I stayed like this as she maneuvered around the kitchen and prepared dinner

I stayed like this as she maneuvered around the kitchen and prepared dinner.  I can tell she's exhausted and here she is, providing for us even when she's under the weather. We finished up cooking dinner as Liv got a text message on her phone.

"God, when are these going to stop?"  She mumbled under her breath as I looked at her. Lately, she's been secretive about who she's texting and I do trust her but I would like to know. 

"What? Those messages you told me about?" I ask as she nods. I let go of her waist and grabbed her phone. 

"Spencer, it's nothing. I'll just block the number, don't worry about it." She tells me as she collects the dishes to serve dinner. 

I just nod my head, and leave it alone. I trust Olivia with all of my heart, and I know she not keeping things from me purposely, but still, I would love to know who keeps blowing up my wife's phone. I won't hassle her about it because I know she'll tell me when she's ready, but until then, I hope Lani and Liv can work it out. 

LANI POV 

Gosh, why is Olivia like this? I miss my mom so much, and I want her to come back. I know it's a risk doing this, but since my dad is sleeping on the couch and Olivia is somewhere, I decide to use my dad's phone to text Mommy. 

Now, she can come and eat dinner with us because I don't know how much more I can take with Olivia as my stepmom. She's rude and mean, and maybe Mommy will teach her a lesson. 

HEY GUYS! Early morning chapter. I hope everyone will have a great day today, and be productive as well. This chapter had many components to it, and I enjoyed writing it. Lani and Liv will be arguing a lot more in future chapters, why? Stay tuned. Spencer is jealous but also trusts Liv at the same time, and last but not least, Lani calls her mom and invites her over without anyone knowing. 

Chapter Questions: Was Lani in the wrong? Why is Liv feeling the way she is? Should I do more of Lani's POVs? Is Jordan going to cause tension in the house?

Thanks for reading! Please vote, comment, recommend!

Love you guys!

-T