21.

SPENCER POV 

CONTINUATION OF THE LAST CHAPTER

Practice today was stressful. Coach was on our ass about this season and how we need to get on our A-game. As I walk back to the locker room, I bump into Ka'leen. We make slight eye contact and I immediately turn my head. 

This is the last thing I need right now. With this custody battle, Layla is back, and all this stress isn't helping. I make it to the locker room, pack my stuff, and head home. Deciding to take it easy today, I rest at home and wait for Liv to return. 

I hear the garage door open signaling that my baby is home. I am so glad that I have her to help with all of this bullshit. She's been my ride-or-die for this long, and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

"Whew, hey baby, you're home early. How was practice?" She asks as she walks through the door. 

"It was fine

"It was fine. Coach has been on all of our asses for this upcoming season, and he's becoming an ass. Honestly, it stressed me out more than it should've...Liv, I was messing plays up back to back." I tell her as she caresses my cheek and sits on my lap. 

"I'm sorry babe

"I'm sorry babe. I know how much you want to be on your A-game, but you can't keep pressuring yourself like this. We already have so much going on and I know it gets the best of you, but we are so much bigger than this. It would be best if you talked with Coach McPhee, and told him what's up...he'll understand." She tells me as we lock eyes. 

"I get it Liv, I get everything you're saying, but you know me. You know I'm afraid of failing and you know how I get when something doesn't go the way it should. I get angry, I shut down, I away the people I truly love...I can't go through that again. Also, you know I hate people in our business, but I'll see if I can talk to Coach." I tell her as she nods her head kisses me, and then gets up.