Christmas & meeting the Meado's

The next day

Viv breaths deeply through her nose as she sprints up the rocky path after visiting one of the many caves around town and frowns as she hears whines coming from near the water, she takes her single air pod out to find out where the noise is coming from and walks to the edge.

She gasps softly as her eyes land on a puppy near the cold water, noticing the pullover she wears sticking between two rocks and glances around. "Hold on little one." She breathes jogging over to a less steep-looking path down, she jumps on the first rock after testing that it will hold her weight and slowly climbs down making sure she won't lose her footing on the slippery rocks.

She crouches down as soon as she is near the pup, bracing one hand on the rock beside it and reaches down to unhook the pullover. "Easy." She murmurs as it immediately tries to sprint away, she calmly runs her hand over her wet fur gently scooping the pup up as soon as she calms down a bit and laughs as she immediately licks her face. "Calm down, tiny." She whispers as she carefully climbs back up, she crouches down as soon as she reaches the normal path again and places the pup down to take the pullover off. "Do you have a name?" She asks as she looks at the collar she wears, she lifts her so she can look for any engravings and sighs. "Of course not." She mumbles.

She runs her hand through the pup's fur as she whines, feeling her tremble beneath her fingertips and sighs. "You're cold, aren't you?" She asks, she unzips her jacket rolling her eyes at herself for talking to a dog like it could reply and stands up to tuck her into her jacket. "Oh well, let's hope the motel has a washing machine." She murmurs as she notices dirty paws immediately cover her white hoodie, she zips her jacket up running her hands over it to warm the pup up and sighs. "Let's try to find someone that recognizes you."

She walks towards the main street, sighing softly as she notices the empty road knowing everyone should be inside celebrating Christmas with their families and gently runs her hands over her jacket to warm the pup up as she walks down the street.

"No Mum we went everywhere we thought she could be, we will go down to the beach now I will call you later."

She looks around as she hears a loud sad voice followed by soft cries and frowns as she notices the blonde and the little boy from the night before and crosses the street as she notices the tears running down the boy's cheeks. "Excuse me." She calls out before the blonde can walk around the corner, she bites her lip as she immediately turns around with an eyebrow raised and clears her throat. "I couldn't help but overhear your phone call, are you searching for someone?"

"We are." The blonde breathes. "Our puppy managed to escape through a tiny hole in the fence, we searched e.."

"Is this her?" Viv asks cutting the blonde off as she notices tears gathering in her eyes, she unzips her jacket jumping as loud squeals suddenly pierce through the air and watching the mother and son duo reach forward simultaneously. She hands the little boy the pup, wiping her hands on her hoodie as he jumps in joy and turns to the woman as she watches her crouch down behind the boy to run her hand through the pups fur. "I found her near one of the caves down at the beach, her pullover." She holds the ruined pullover up for the blonde to see. "Got stuck on one of the rocks."

"I can't thank you enough for finding her." The woman breathes out as she stands back up. "And where are my manners." She continues as she holds out her hand. "Sorry, I am Beth Mead and this." She places her hand on her sons shoulder. "Is my son Theo."

"Nice to meet you." Viv breathes shaking both of their hands. "I am Vivianne, but everyone calls me Viv."

"You are not from here, are you Viv?" Beth asks, she smiles as Viv shakes her head and curiously tilts her head. "What brings you to our small town during the holidays? Or better question, what brings you near the caves on Christmas?"