The break up

Three and a half weeks later

"Vivianne!"

"Why the hell does she feel the damn need to full name me?" Viv grumbles from her position on the couch between Lieke and Jill, she tilts her head back as she hears footsteps approaching the room and raises an eyebrow as Sarina walks in. "Coach?"

"Fuck you," Sarina grumbles after looking around making sure only Jill and Lieke are around.

"You full named me." Viv laughs. "I told you to call me Viv." She straightens up as she hears commotion the second the team nears the activity room and quickly drops the cheeky grin. "What's wrong coach?" She asks professionally noticing Sarina also shift into business mode.

"You have a visitor," Sarina informs her. "I send her up to your floor, you might want to head up too."

Viv stands up with a frown and walks over. "Who?" She asks softly so only Sarina catches it.

"Leah but I didn't want her to enter the activity room in the state she is in, go up," Sarina replies softly, Viv just nods and walks out of the room ignoring the questioning looks the team shoots in her direction as she pushes past them. She sprints up the stairs as she notices the elevator going up instead of down and pushes the door leading to her floor open, she walks into the hallway her eyes immediately landing on Leah leaning against the wall beside her door and frowns in concern.

"Le?" She staggers back as Leah drops forward straight into her arms and hugs her close. "Hey, what's wrong?" She asks concern filling her voice, she takes out her key card as she receives a sniffle in response and unlocks the door. "What do you need Le?" She asks knowing everyone handles sadness differently.

"Just hold me please." Leah croaks, Viv nods as she moves them into her room and kicks the door behind her shut. She leads Leah into her room and sits her down on her bed.

"Injured?" She crouches down as Leah shakes her head, watching her hands come up to cover her face and take her shoes off. "Lay down." She murmurs as she softly pushes against her shoulder, she lays down beside her and immediately hugs her close again as she moves closer to find comfort and gently runs her hand through her hair murmuring sweet nothings trying to calm the woman who quickly became her best friend down.

"I don't want to go home." Leah croaks out after they cuddled in silence for half an hour, occasional sniffles the only sound that filled the room. "Can I stay here until you fly back?"

Viv frowns in concern and slowly nods her head. "Of course, I will clear it with Sarina." She breathes. "You can stay in this room, but I do need to train tomorrow and focus on the finals."

"I know I won't bother you I promise."

"You could never," Viv murmurs as she pulls back. "Do you want to talk about it?" She pulls her close again as Leah shakes her head, her bottom lip trembling and calmly runs her hand up her back. "You don't have to." She whispers. "Everything is gonna be alright Le."

She sighs softly as Leah's sniffles turn into sobs, tightening her hold around her as she scoots closer and cups the back of her neck. She kisses the top of her head as she feels her arms wrap tightly around her waist and runs her free hand down her back. "Easy Le." She whispers as she hears her gasping for breath. "Breath for me." She adds keeping her voice soft and calm.

She runs her fingers through her blonde locks after pulling it out of its signature ponytail, feeling Leah relax as minutes pass by and leans her chin on her head as she feels her body weight lean into her embrace knowing the blonde cried herself to sleep.

She slowly unwraps her arm from around her waist to take out her phone and raises an eyebrow as she notices three missed calls from Beth, she opens her messenger and taps the blonde's chat as she notices three messages waiting for her.