Olympics finals

Beth chuckles as she hears the US fans quiet down the second they notice Vivianne getting ready to be subbed at the beginning of the second half, knowing everyone knows the Dutchies will go full in now with their all-time top-scorer hitting the pitch after not playing the past two matches to focus on her fitness and glances at the score.

"Viv, wie er af voor jou// Viv who do I have to sub off for you?" She hears Sarina ask, she watches Viv eye the pitch with a frown and leans against the metal bars after adjusting her hold on Theo contently sitting on her hip watching the match.

"Arjan!" She calls as the man walks by, she calls him over as he walks over and glances at the pitch. "Can I run an idea by you?"

"I'm listening."

"The USA has a strong defence so subbing Viv on for someone already trying to fight through them already is not a good option in my eyes, you have Jill, Lieke and Viv hitting the pitch all three all-rounders and ready to sprint back and forth on the pitch." She starts. "It's clear that DvD is tired, so take her off and sub Viv in." She advises.

"Domi, Wilms and Casparij can stay back with Daffy, Jackie, Spitse, Esme and Wieke manning the midfield and Lieke, Viv and Jill up front." She continues. "They will drop back if they have to and with Viv you will have a fast and fit player hitting the pitch, everyone knows how dangerous she can be so the USA will focus on her and forget that Lieke and Jill are there too."

"That sounds perfect, I will run it by Sarina." Arjan breathes. "Thank you, Beth."

Beth just nods her head watching him to the girls gathered around Sarina and watches Arjan join into the conversation after he placed a hand on Sarina's shoulder, she smiles slightly as he nods his head to her after the referee called the girls back onto the pitch and smiles as Theo cheers loudly as Viv walks to the sideline ready to be subbed in.

She watches DvD storm angrily off of the pitch knowing she was the only one with Daphne that didn't join the huddle and frowns in confusion as Sarina walks over to her after telling Arjan something.

"Beth?"

"Sarina?" She asks after adjusting her hold on Theo as he excitedly bounces on her hip after Viv jogs out onto the pitch.

"Can we talk after the match?" She nods and watches Sarina jog back to the sideline with a grin, she turns her focus back on the pitch silently asking herself what Sarina wants to talk about and turns her head as she feels a hand on her back.

"Can I take him?" Lars asks with a grin, she nods her head with a chuckle as Theo reaches for Lars with a squeak after he walks off to talk to a few fans that go to every match and smiles lovingly as she watches Lars lift Theo so he is sitting on his shoulders.

"Viv found an opening," Kiki announces knowing her boyfriend and Beth are both distracted, Beth immediately turns back to the pitch as she feels Kiki nudge her and leans against the metal bar as she watches Viv sprint through the middle with Lieke and Jill over each wing.

She watches Viv dribble over to Emily Fox, watching her girlfriend play the ball from one foot to the other as Emily tries to steal it and leans forward with a grin as Jill jumps in to help Viv out and Viv plays the ball through Emily's legs.

"Come on!" She yells Lars, Theo and Kiki echoing it as Jill back heel passes the ball back to Viv.

"Ouch." Beth winces as the goalie stops Viv's hard shot with her face, she watches Viv sprint over to immediately check up on the goalie and shakes her head as she watches Rodman and Smith sprint over to roughly push her away. "She tries to apologize and they push her back." She breathes with a shake of her head.