Theo's birthday

Four months later

"Mummy look, there is Vivi!"

Beth chuckles as Theo excitedly bounces in her lap while pointing at the TV and kissing the back of his head. "I see, baby." She murmurs chuckling as she watches her girlfriend sing the national anthem, proudly wearing the captain band.

"Will this be a yearly thing now?" Ben asks looking at his sister in amusement.

"If she is playing on his birthday, I think so yes." Beth laughs not noticing her parents just glance at each other at the mention of next year and Beth not running away from that thought.

"Well, she is starting strong." Liv muses as she watches a sea or orange sprint forward right after the whistle, Beth turns to the TV as she hears her parents hum in agreement and raises an eyebrow as she watches Jill take the ball from a German midfielder with a sliding.

"Damn, they focus on bringing in the win." She breathes as Lieke sprints over the sideline with the ball after Jill passes it over mid-slide.

"She is free!" Rich exclaims as they all sit forward watching Lieke cut inside. "C'mon Viv!"

"Vivi, go!" Theo excitedly yells at the TV as Lieke lobs the ball into the penalty area. "Yes!" He squeals as Viv's header lands behind the goalie.

And the Dutch Lionesses go ahead in the third minute!

"Mummy look, she is celebrating!" Theo gasps pointing at the TV, Beth just quirks an eyebrow knowing her girlfriend normally never does a celly and tilts her head as she watches her slide over to the camera's recording from the side of the pitch.

"Oh boy." She whispers as she watches her lift her shirt together with Lieke and Jill, she scrambles to grab her phone stopping as she notices her mum already taking a picture of the TV and kisses Theo's head. "She is congratulating you baby."

"Really?" Theo gasps.

Vivianne Miedema the captain of the Dutch Lionesses, asked me to congratulate her favourite little boy T on his third birthday.

Beth just bites her lip as she reads the words on the three white shirts Jill: Happy 3rd, Lieke: Birthday my, Viv: Favourite little man <3, and shakes her head. "They even planned to score in the third minute and succeeded." She whispers.

"Damn sis, I can hear your heart here." Ben teases, Beth just flips him off as she feels Theo buzz with happiness and kisses the back of his head.

"We will call her tonight." She promises softly as the Germans kick off again, she pulls him close as he just smiles brightly and glances over at her parents. She blushes as her mum just shoots her a knowing glance and focuses back on the TV ignoring her knowing cackle, she grabs her drink as they watch the Netherlands defend their goal as Germany takes a corner kick and calmly runs her thumb over T's thigh as he leans forward excitedly commenting on the passes and pointing at Viv whenever she is shown.

Later that night

Beth frowns in confusion as she hears a row of soft knocks on the front door, hours after watching the match with her family and pushes herself up with a soft sigh hoping Theo doesn't hear it.

She looks to the small window beside the door, ripping the door open with a soft gasp as her eyes land on the person on the other side of the door and jumps in her arms.

Viv stumbles back with a soft laugh, quickly regaining her footing and holds Beth close after dropping her bag at her feet. "Hello to you too, lieverd." She whispers in amusement as she kisses her temple.

"What are you doing here?" Beth breathes pulling back to look at her, still having her legs wrapped around her waist.

"Well my plane back home for tomorrow got cancelled due to a spontaneous strike, Kerstin gave me her ticket instead and chose to stay longer in the Netherlands," Viv explains as she walks into the apartment, she closes the door behind her and leans back against it as she locks eyes with Beth. "I missed you."