Chapter 36

As Moon arrived home, she was surprised to see her mom back. Rushing inside, she called out, "Mom?" Her mother turned around, a mix of emotions evident on her face. "Mom, you're back!" Moon exclaimed, rushing forward to embrace her tightly. Tears welled up in her eyes as she held her mother close, feeling a wave of relief wash over her. After what felt like an eternity, they finally pulled away, their eyes filled with unspoken words and emotions. It was a moment of reunion and joy, marking the beginning of a new chapter for them both.

As Mira and Moon met up with Francisco, Juan, and Brandon, they anxiously waited for Fredrick to arrive. Moon checked her phone repeatedly, growing increasingly frustrated as the minutes ticked by past midnight. Despite their numerous attempts to call Fredrick, there was no response. Mira's sense of urgency heightened upon realizing that there was only one more day to show Fredrick what Amber wanted him to see before the cold waves arrived.

With each passing moment, the tension among them grew palpable, and Mira's worry deepened. Moon exchanged concerned glances with the others, silently hoping that Fredrick would show up soon. However, as the night wore on and Fredrick remained absent, their frustration turned to disappointment.

Fredrick stood in the quiet aftermath of his reunion with his old teacher, reflecting on the wisdom imparted during their brief encounter. As he checked his phone, he was inundated with missed calls and messages from the rest of F4, realizing the gravity of his absence.

Meanwhile, Mira, Moon, Juan, Brandon, and Francisco, on the brink of giving up, were startled as Fredrick finally appeared. Mira, determined to fulfill her mission despite her earlier declaration, stepped forward to confront Fredrick.

"Even though I said I won't bother you again," Mira began, her voice tinged with urgency, "I think you have the right to know. Even if you start treating me like a stranger tomorrow, today I have to tell you. I wanted to show you what Amber wanted to show you."

With resolve in her eyes, Mira reached out and grabbed Fredrick's hand, ready to lead him to the revelation that awaited them.

Breathless from the rush and the ascent up the stairs, Mira and Fredrick finally reached the rooftop just as the first light of dawn began to paint the sky. With only moments to spare, Mira's urgency drove her to convey the message that had haunted her for so long.

"If you miss the timing," Mira gasped between breaths, her voice filled with determination, "Amber wouldn't have been able to tell you how she felt."

With trembling hands, Mira pointed towards a sign perched against the railing. Fredrick's gaze followed her gesture, and for a fleeting instant, his eyes locked onto the words: "Frederick Building, my beloved." But as the sun rose higher, its rays danced across the sign, obscuring the word "building" and leaving behind only the poignant declaration: "Fredrick, my beloved."

In that simple yet profound moment, the significance of Amber's message became clear. Fredrick stood frozen, the weight of her words sinking deep into his soul as he realized the depth of her feelings and the opportunity that had slipped through his fingers.

With a mixture of sorrow and regret, Fredrick whispered softly, his voice barely audible above the city's morning hum. A single tear traced a solitary path down his cheek, a silent testament to the emotions swirling within him.

"She's so silly," he murmured, his words tinged with a poignant sadness that echoed across the quiet rooftop. In that moment, amidst the dawn's gentle light and the whisper of the wind, Fredrick's heart ached with the weight of missed chances and unspoken words.

As the news spread like wildfire through the workplace, Amelia's eyes widened in surprise and confusion. "Francisco and Moon are dating?" she repeated, the words hanging in the air with a hint of disbelief. Amelia's mind raced with questions about the sudden revelation, her thoughts swirling with curiosity about what might have transpired.

Meanwhile, amidst the buzz of the workplace, Moon was engrossed in her tasks when Mira made her entrance. With a newfound confidence radiating from her, Mira sported a stylish new haircut, a tangible symbol of her gratitude towards Moon. "Thank you for everything," Mira expressed, her voice filled with appreciation as she acknowledged Moon's support.

Suddenly cutting her hair short, wanting some changes, these seem to be things a broken-hearted person would do. The reckless Mira did everything for the person she loves. I suddenly feel like Mira matured a lot. She's especially brilliant. I still haven't listened to my heart like she does for a long time.