𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ꨄ︎ 4

Lily, Poppy and Rosie were leaving that day, and everyone was on edge.

Which, of course, meant Liam and Sadie were arguing for more than usual.

They were all outside, watching the three girls get in the car. Carmen was the only one to not have said goodbye by now, and was crying hard.

Sadie sighed, going forward and hugging the girl tightly.

"Hey," she whispered, stroking Carmen's hair. "Hey, let's go say goodbye, okay?"

"O-okay," Carmen cried, as Sadie held her hand tight and led her over to the car, where Lily, Poppy and Rosie were, all three of then crying as well, tears streaming down their faces.

"Bye Poppie," Carmen said with difficulty, leaning into the car to hug the girl on the far side. "Bye Rosie," she said as she hugged the girl in the middle.

"Bye Lily," it was barely audible as both the girls sobbed into each other's shoulders, crying hard.

As she pulled back, Sadie welcomed her back into her arms, giving Lily a slight smile over Carmen's head, through her tears.

The two girls moved back as Rob, the social worker, shut the car door, and the car drove off down the drive. All the other kids ran after it, but Sadie and Carmen stayed where they were.

Sadie looked down at Carmen, her heart breaking.

She had lost her best friend.

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

Sadie had no idea what was going on as she entered the living room, but it had something to do with her two siblings yelling at each other.

"Sades, he's trying to get rid of me!" Tee yelled, pointing at Johnny.

"What?" Sadie asked.

"I told Tee to try and get fostered on her own, without us," Johnny said. "Became Mike said it was a miracle to get three siblings fostered. And that way it'll be easier for her."

Sadie looked between them, shocked, as Tee stood up and said. "Alright Johnny Taylor, if you don't want me to be your sister, then I won't!"

So when Carmen came into the room and said. "Hey Tee, wanna play something?"

Tee said. "Tee? Tee who? I don't know anyone called Tee."

And then she walked out, Carmen after her.

Sadie let out a sigh, walking over to Johnny. "Listen, I understand what you're talking about, but Tee's our sister. We can't just cut her out of our lives."

Johnny shrugged. "I'm just trying to make it easier for her."

"I know," Sadie said. "Look, just don't let this go too far, okay?"

Who was she kidding?

Of course it was going to go too far.

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

Later, when Sadie and Sapphire were playing pool and Johnny was on the computer, Tracy came in, saying. "Right, Taylors, what's going on with you and Tee?"

Johnny sighed. "Mike said it was a miracle to get three siblings fostered, so we're saving him the trouble of having to do it again."