𝐋𝐢𝐚𝐦'𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧

Sadie Taylor moved out of The Dumping Ground about five months after Liam O'Donovan left.

She moved into a shitty little flat like the one Sapph lived in, had to make her own food, attend her own lessons and keep track of her own life.

All whilst dealing with a broken heart.

Still, life moved on. Her siblings, Johnny and Tee, remained in The Dumping Ground, and often were visiting and calling her about updates.

Several newbies had entered the care home since Sadie had left, and the building had even changed, now being Ashdene Ridge instead of Elm Tree House.

There had also been several developments in Sadie's life.

One was her mother's reappearance. She had sent a letter to both Sadie and Johnny and Tee, telling them that Keith was out of her life and she wanted to see them again. Sadie had gone, and so had Tee, and they had found out that they had a baby sister, called Hope.

So now Sadie had three siblings. But that didn't dilute her love for any of them. She loved all of them, more than words can say.

She now went to see her mother once a week, her social worker having set up visits with her, Tee, and Johnny when he had the chance.

Speaking of Johnny, he was now joining the army, apparently. He had stopped a mugger the other week, and had liked the idea of joining up, so had done some research and decided that was what he wanted to do. Of course, Sadie was worried for him, but she also wasn't going to stand in the way of his dreams.

But the final thing was the most important.

Sadie was studying a literature degree at uni at the moment, wanting go into a job in the writing industry, and whilst at uni, she had met this guy.

He was called Daniel, or Dan for short. He and Sadie were taking the same course, they had a lot in common, and had enjoyed spending time together.

Sadie hadn't been in a relationship since her and Liam broke up.

She hadn't wanted one.

But Dan... he was different. He took her out, laughed with her, smiled at her, and enjoyed her company.

So when he had asked her to be his girlfriend, she hadn't objected. She had said yes.

She hadn't thought about what would happen after saying yes.

They had been together for two months, and in those two months, Dan had been getting progressively more and more cutting about her. He made flippant comments about her weight, about her clothes, about her appearance. He said it so casually, but Sadie couldn't help but wonder if he didn't mean to.

And there were times he was so sweet. He was kind and caring, and kissed her goodbye, and smiled and laughed with her.

But he didn't always do that.

So that took us to that night, when Sadie and Dan were attending a party.

Sadie was so excited. This was her and Dan's first proper party, and no matter what was going on with him, she was glad she would get to go to a party with a date. She had showed up to the rest single.

She was in front of the mirror, admiring herself in her dress. It was a tight, short number, that someone in her class had sold her a few months ago. It was a lilac colour with embroidered flowers, and it showed off her curves and her body but not in a revealing way.

"What'd you think?" She asked Dan, a smile on her face as she turned to him.

But he said. "I told you babe, you're not allowed to wear that. Do you think I want people saying my girl's a slut?"