𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ꨄ︎ 2

"OI, GIVE ME THAT BACK-"

"You really think I want to-?"

"GIVE IT!"

SMACK.

Those were the sounds that woke Sadie Taylor on their third night at Burnywood. She was crammed into a bedroom with Carmen, Sapphire and Harry, who had refused to sleep anywhere else.

Sadie sat up, rubbing her eyes. The room was flooded with light from the window. It was morning. Curtains weren't a thing in Burnywood rooms, apparently, because it saved money.

The sound of sniffling made her look up as she saw Carmen enter the room, her eye black.

"What the fuck?" Sadie was up and out her bed faster than anything, marching towards the sniffling girl.

"My stuff was stolen," Carmen explained, swallowing the lump in her throat and wiping her tears. "And I tried to ask for it back but I got beaten up."

Sadie only asked. "Who?"

Carmen shook her head. "Small guy with brown curly hair."

"Tyler?" Sadie knew Tyler Lewis very well. He had been at Burnywood when she was there in the past, along with his older mate, Rick, and the both of them were trouble, though Tyler more so.

Carmen nodded.

"Right," Sadie said as she marched out their room and practically ran to Rick and Tyler's, blowing open the door.

She saw Tyler immediately and siezed him.

"Wha-?!"

"Son of a bitch!" Sadie yelled, keeping his grip on him tight. "Why pick on Carmen, huh? An innocent girl who's done nothing to you!"

"She just seemed an easy steal, and I needed a new phone," shrugged Tyler.

Sadie would've laughed if the situation wasn't so serious. "So you just pick a random girl's things for fun? You sick fuck!"

"Whoa, calm down!" Rick said.

"Yeah, what're you gonna do about it?" Sadie yelled at him.

"And what are you gonna do to me?" Tyler smirked. "You're just a girl."

THUMP!

Sadie punched him hard in the face, sending him to the floor. She wasn't finished, though, getting down and bringing another hit to his face before a pair of arms wrapped round her and pulled her off him.

"Get off me, I'm not finished!" She yelled as she was lifted out of the room and sat down in the hall, Rick pushing her down so she couldn't return. "What the fuck did you do that for?!"

"I wasn't letting you kill my best mate," Rick defended himself.

"He stole someone's stuff and you call him your best mate?" Sadie shook her head. "Get off me," she added.

"I will if you promise to not fight Tyler aga-"

"OI! WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!"

The loud, booming sound of Dennis', the care worker's, voice, made Sadie jolt. He marched up the stairs, his footsteps thudding along the floor, and came to where Sadie and Rick were sitting on the landing.

Now, Rick seemed used to this, but Sadie... for the past three days, every time she heard those thudding footsteps, was reminded of Keith's feet on the stairs after a long night at the pub.

"Eh?" Dennis pulled her back to reality as he raised his eyebrows.

"Carmen got all her stuff nicked," Sadie replied, fighting to keep his gaze. "By Tyler."