𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ꨄ︎ 4

It was worse than Sadie could've ever imagined.

Even when she and Liam were in their worst points, they were still bickering. Still talking.

But for the next three days, they didn't talk, or make eye contact. If they ever accidentally nudged each other they jumped away, and they tried to avoid being in the same room together, if they could.

But today was different.

That night, two refugees that didn't speak English had been dropped off, and Gus had been trying to find out their story.

By the time Sadie got down into the kitchen, he had discovered that they were called Ade and Dayo, that they liked football, and that they slept in the same bed.

She was just sitting down next to Frank at the table (Liam was on the other side so that meant she wouldn't have to make eye contact with him) when Tracy asked. "So, Gus, where do Ade and Dayo come from?"

"That's my next question," answered Gus.

So, whilst everyone (including Frank and Liam, thank god) went to solve that mystery, Sadie and Carmen stayed put at the table, having not finished their breakfast.

"Hey, Carmen, do you want to come back to Lily's for lunch?" Tracy asked. "Cam's meeting got cancelled, so it'll be allowed."

"Oh, yeah!" Carmen smiled. "Can Tee come, too?"

Tracy sighed. "Okay."

"Yay!" Carmen smiled, setting back about eating breakfast.

Sadie sighed, tucking into hers. Normally she wouldn't choose to hang out with three girls considerably younger than her, but she would easily choose hanging out with them all day than trying to avoid Liam the whole time.

But Tracy hadn't said anything, so she guessed she was stuck here.

Avoiding him.

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

A game of football had been arranged with Ade and Dayo, and Sadie had agreed to play.

"As long as I don't have to talk to Liam," she mumbled to Sapphire.

"Oh, yes, that," said Sapphire. "I was meaning to ask you about that. What's going-?"

"Sadie, Sapph! Come on!"

Sapphire sighed. "Don't think you've avoided this conversation, Sades!"

"Okay, okay!" Sadie said, putting her hands up. "Let's go play football."

The game turned out to be quite fun. Ade and Dayo were naturals and Sadie was actually having fun.

Then Dayo scored a goal, grinning as he ran around, lifting his shirt-

Oh my-

Everyone fell silent as they looked at his back.

Sadie felt sick.

On it was- they were whip lashes, she thought. Well, marks of them.

Dayo slowly realised that no one was clapping and lifted his shirt back down again, his mouth slightly open.

"Who did that to you?" Tracy asked.