Closeted Cart

'I swear, every time I go to one of these, I ask myself: what the hell am I doing here?' Y/N thought to himself as he stared at the big house party that was going on.

His head sunk back as Y/N thought back to how this whole thing had played out in the first place. Summer exams had finished, and everyone was in the mood to celebrate— well, almost everyone! However, being the tight-knit group of students they were (for better or for worse), they didn't want it to be any normal celebration. Some idiot (in Y/N's mind) decided that they should all come together to celebrate the end of school, as well as their freedom from the tyrant known as Keith Shadis.

Y/N had hoped that the issue of a venue would stem this operation from happening and that he could peacefully retire and rest without having to be surrounded by his fellow students. Unfortunately for him, reality was the cruel mistress. Historia Reiss, aka the rich girl, just so happened to have her mansion free of any family, as they had gone out for a holiday, leaving her by herself and she was the type that loved being with her friends.

And so, he wasn't stone free; he felt like a slave, like Eren had once said.

Speaking of Eren, currently, him and Jean were playing against each other in a fierce battle of Jenga. Mikasa, a childhood friend and obvious simp, along with Armin, another close friend, were watching the game of intensity. The two of them had always been this intense since middle school, so it was nothing new and funny to watch them still go at it.

Y/N reached out to grab a slice of steak but he pulled out only half of it. His eyes furrowed in understanding but frustration as he saw the remaining half clenched in the jaws of a potato girl. "You know what, Sasha, I don't think I want this, here," Y/N said, throwing it towards her mouth like it was a scooby snack.

Sasha expertly moved her mouth to catch the remaining piece. "Thanks!" she said, then went back to probably go raid the kitchen.

"Connie, you need to learn how to control that rabid beast. I feel bad for the lack of food Historia's going to have by the end of this," Y/N told the 'joker' of the class, who was also the one closest to Sasha in terms of a platonic relationship.

The short-haired friend shrugged. "What can I do? Wasn't she raised as a hunter or something?" he said.

"Aren't you the fastest?" Y/N replied. "You sure put on the afterburners whenever Mr Shadis is chasing after you."

Connie chuckled. "I'm not going to be the piece of raw meat thrown into a lioness anytime soon. I would ask Jean for help, but he's too busy trying to escape the impossible barrier known as the 'friend zone,' so we're just going to have wait for Sasha to be stopped by someone else."

"I think I know one person that could stop her, but she already looks like she's dying inside," Y/N said, throwing his head back to point at the short, kick-master blondie.

Annie, as usual, had her head mostly down and was peering at her drink like someone had just spat in it. All in all, the Leonhart lady's persona was more fitting for a funeral than a party.

"Sasha! You can't! That's rare meat!" Historia complained, trying to pull it away from her, and drawing some looks from the others.

Like a villain that wouldn't die in anime/manga, Sasha's teeth were persistent, like they were named Orochimaru, in trying to clasp it. "Historia! Please!" Sasha cried out like a loved one had just been shot.

A rippling of skin ensued as Ymir came and slapped Sasha away from the meat, successfully saving the prized meat from being ripped into. "Keep my friend's name out of your mouth!" Ymir responded.

'And the second simp arrives; if only Mikasa was fighting over something there, could have been the battle of the simps. Shame.'

Connie sighed. "Looks like I have to step in. Why am I even friends with her?" Connie muttered, rushing in to make it a 2v2.