Reception Rizzing

"Do you think he's going to come back?"

"Hmm, I doubt it. She sent him on some crazy tasks. How the fuck is he meant to come back from them?! I mean, what the hell is slaying the Nemean lion?!"

"Bro, you think that is mad! She started listing them off like he was the offspring of a guy who cheated on her! Slaying the nine-headed Lernaean Hydra! Capturing the Ceryneian Hind! Capturing the Erymanthian Boar! Cleaning the Augean stables in a single day! Slaying the Stymphalian birds! Capturing the Cretan Bull! Stealing the Mares of Diomedes! Obtaining the girdle of Hippolyta, queen of the Amazons! Obtaining the cattle of the three-bodied giant Geryon! Stealing three of the golden apples of the Hesperides! Capturing and bringing back Cerberus!"

"That sounds plagiarised," someone else commented.

Luna almost broke her pen upon hearing everyone talking about it. She just wanted to tell them to shut up; she had a job to do, one that couldn't function with everyone rambling. There were still so many jobs to do. So what if she sent him for impossible tasks?! There was a rule; don't joke about her martial status.

"BOOM, BABY! I'M BACK!"

A roar of celebrations as the super survivor came back, with Luna straight boggle-eyed, couldn't believe what she was seeing. His armour was cracked in places, dry blood painting him, and the fur of a lion was covering him.

"W-what?! You're back?! Why haven't you died?!" she cried out in shock, stopping herself and trying to sit down and be composed. Shocked those words came from her mouth, but needing to say them.

Y/N thought for a moment. "Nanomachines? Never mind that. I've come to collect you, Luna! I did say I would go through all of these to become your husband! Did I pass?!"

Fire came over her body as she took into account what Y/N had said. The trials and tribulations. The many deaths he could have faced... all to wed her. "Y-you... did all of that for me?! But you mocked me for not having a relationship."

Y/N cocked his head. "I did? Pretty sure all I said is that it was a shame but a good thing that you weren't married. I mean, I want you. And now I'm here to happily collect you, Luna."

Brutal honesty as Luna just had nothing to say to Y/N. His madness on another level. Who the hell goes through so much roughness just for a chance to get a girl?! And she didn't even confirm she would... Luna never truly promised it...

"Just take my already, then!" Luna complained, not wanting to be left a spinster. "I don't care about leaving all this work for someone else! I've had enough of my co-workers leaving me in order to get married!" Luna vented all her frustrations out, moving deep into his chest while Y/N's heart ran faster but his body did creak a bit.

A pause from everyone before a ton of celebrations were released. "Wait... so who is going to be the receptionist?"

The silence there was lifted as Y/N simply did a peace sign, then made sure to dip off like milk was needed. A search warrant was going to be needed to try and find this man, not that any of that mattered as Y/N had gotten what he wanted. Luna getting a well-rested break off work for sure. "I didn't get to confess I've always had a crush on her!" a former shut-in NEET lamented while his female teammates tried to drag him off elsewhere to do a mission.

***

"Having a husband is the best," Luna purred, mounting her special man. Months had passed between the two. After the initial burst of excitement, Luna needed more time to process everything and she shouldn't give herself up so easily to him, even if there were no losses to doing so. Y/N's response, just let her do her thing and chill, sometimes leaving her because money had to come from somewhere.