CHAPTER 6: Atheros Al'Uzra

A man watched from a distance and saw the girl standing on the shore

A man watched from a distance and saw the girl standing on the shore. He had joined the search party in the shadows when he heard that the Young Master and the Lady Sylvane had not returned amidst the sudden storm.

He hadn't expected the sight that greeted his upon arrival. It was chilling, awe-inspiring, and left him breathless. He saw many things in his life, experience horrible moments that ended him to become a spy. He didn't have a choice, gods he didn't, but if there really was a god, he knew his soul will burn in hell and the sight before him almost made him believe such notion. It was like a miracle. A shiver ran down his spine, a sensation that was rare for someone as composed as him. It was almost like witnessing a miracle, akin to the tales from the Old Bible, a relic from the ancient Earth now lost to time. He had studied those texts once, and he vividly recalled the story of a prophet, guided by an old God, who had parted the waters to save his people from the clutches of an ancient civilization's oppression.

What he saw now was eerily reminiscent of that legendary moment. But this was no man, no prophet, and certainly not the work of an old God.

It was Seraphina Sylvane.

Seraphina could barely see as the rain began to fall heavily, obscuring her vision with a relentless sheet of water. Her hand gripped Paul's as they hurriedly went down the cliff. The storm was growing stronger by the second, with fierce gusts of wind whipping her silver-blonde hair around her face. Thunder boomed from the dark, roiling skies, each crack like the wrath of some angry deity. Her forest-green eyes narrowed in concern as they reached the beach, their arrival marked by the pregnant woman's anguished cries.

The woman, drenched and frantic, clutched her swollen belly with one hand while reaching out towards the tumultuous sea with the other. "My children!" she screamed, her voice barely audible over the roaring storm. Her eyes were wild with fear and desperation, tears mingling with the rain streaming down her face. The fishermen, rugged men accustomed to the perils of the sea, struggled to contain her hysteria. Their strong hands gripped her shoulders, but she fought them off with the strength of a mother in despair.

Seraphina's heart pounded in her chest as she followed the woman's gaze. Out in the distance, barely visible through the sheets of rain and the heaving waves, a small boat was being tossed about like a child's toy. It swayed dangerously, its wooden frame creaking and groaning against the relentless assault of the sea. Each wave that crashed over the boat threatened to capsize it, sending it and its precious cargo to a watery grave.

Lightning flashed, illuminating the scene in stark, white light. For a brief moment, Seraphina saw the terrified faces of the children clinging to the boat's sides. Their small hands grasped the edges with a desperation that mirrored their mother's. The boat tipped precariously, and the children's screams were swallowed by the storm.

Noticing their presence, the common men recognized their young Lord, and the pregnant woman's eyes widened as she mostly directed her please at Seraphina. "My Lord! My Lady! P-Please my children! They'll drown!"