CHAPTER 35: Know The Way

Two Months Ago

Two Months Ago...

Paul could scarcely believe his ears. "Our Atomic Arsenal..." he muttered, almost to himself. "I thought it was on Caladan. I didn't know father would bring our firepower here."

Duncan Idaho remained silent, his eyes darting around the bustling Sietch, ever watchful for eavesdroppers. His gaze eventually settled on Seraphina, who stood in a distant corner, tears glistening in her eyes as she embraced her two Rangers, believed dead until now. Fern, attempting to maintain a brave facade, held Seraphina tightly while she sobbed in relief.

"He didn't," Duncan finally responded, his voice low and cautious. "Your father somehow anticipated that the Emperor might make a move against us. We were all caught off guard when the day finally came." He paused, recalling the details of their strategy. "It was part of Thufir's mission to plant the arsenals."

Paul nodded, beginning to piece together the larger plan. "The advance mission." Understanding dawned on him, though he still had questions. "Do you know where they are hidden?"

Duncan shook his head. "I wasn't part of that team. My mission was to find the Fremen as soon as I arrived on Arrakis." He furrowed his brow, sifting through his memories of Duke Leto's final instructions. "However, I know it's hidden somewhere in the northern desert of Arrakis. Probably concealed in plain sight. It's an old trick. If I search, I might find it, but... Gurney. He knows the exact location, being the Warmaster and your father's most trusted man while I was away."

Paul's heart raced at the implications. The day House Atreides fell, he felt stripped of all power. Now, the revelation that a hidden arsenal lay somewhere on Arrakis filled him with renewed hope. Revenge against the Harkonnens and the Emperor seemed within reach. Yet another problem loomed.

"Even if I have the atomic arsenal," Paul mused, his gaze sharp as he watched the Fremen moving purposefully through the Sietch's halls, "it wouldn't matter without manpower to wield it."

Duncan studied Paul, recognizing the determined glint in his eyes. He had trained Paul from boyhood and knew his thought processes well. "I've always wondered why you haven't smuggled yourselves back to Caladan. The Fremen have ships and connections that could get you there. Why stay?"

Paul's gaze snapped to Duncan, intensity radiating from his eyes. "Duncan, do you remember the dreams I told you about before you left Caladan?"

Duncan raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, you mentioned them. You even said I would die."

Paul took a deep breath, his eyes flitting back to Seraphina, now animatedly conversing with Alder and Fern. "My dreams weren't just dreams, Duncan. The moment I saw you face those Sardaukar, it was exactly as I dreamed. The same image. It sounds impossible, but... I can see visions. The past, the future, the probabilities of different paths I can take the moment I took a choice."