𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

“𝐈 told you to take left!” Shubhlakshmi snapped at me as soon as we entered our booked room

   𝐈 told you to take left!” Shubhlakshmi snapped at me as soon as we entered our booked room.

   “I am sorry, okay. I was just confident we'll be able to make it through the snowstorm.” I stood there like an obedient person.

   Sometimes I have to remind myself that I am her boss.

   “Did we? No. Now we are stuck in this situation.” She crossed her arms.

   “Don't worry, I'll sleep on the floor.”
   “With no mattress?”
   “With no mattress.”

   She sighed. “Do you realise how childish you sound? You will not sleep on the floor in this freaking cold. I am fine with you sleeping beside me.” She sat on the bed, tying her hair.

   “Are you sure? I am fine with—”
   “I trust you.”

   And I fell silent.

   I trust you.

   Three simple words, shook the fuck out of me.

   I trust you.

   She trusts me. Trust. Yeah.

   And I will make sure to protect her trust at all costs.

   I smiled.

   “Why are you smiling?”
   “Personal reasons.”

   She scoffed and stomped off to the bathroom. “Ask the waiter to get clothes ready. I don't want to be naked all day.”

   I laughed and she went inside.

   After she is done with shower, I passed her her new clothes which I ordered for her, and when she came out, my breath stuck in my throat.

   “You bought twice the size of my clothes.” She laughed. She didn't get angry, instead, she laughed.

   Her laugh is beautiful.

   The same fucking oversized shirt she is wearing, only this time, thank God she wore her undergarments, and pajama pants.

   For I couldn't have controlled myself here.

   Heat immediately ran to my groin.

   She'll be my ruin one day.

   “I look funny.” She looked at herself in the mirror and I ran a hand through my hair.

   “The water is hot. You can bath there. I will…go and check on Tracy maybe?” She turned around and I nodded.

   It's better if she's out of my sight.

●⁠●⁠●⁠