𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐈 looked at them, awkwardly smiling

   They're going to eat me alive.

   “When did this happen?!” Ayana shook my shoulders and Lovely crossed her arms, scoffing at me.

   “Looks like I am the only single left here now.” Avantika tsked, and Ayana and Lovely glared at her, making her raise her arms in a defensive manner.

   Marriage has made them a glaring machine.

   “Let me explain.” I gulped, and Ayana sighed.

   “Thirty minutes. If we find your reason valid, okay. If not, you'll pay for the next whole year whenever we go out for a girl's night.” Avantika sat beside me.

   So, after our video in which Utkarsh proposed me, my mother posted it online, with the caption ‘#mydaughterandherfiance’. After we arrived India back, my three friends barged in my house, with armils(1) like a purse to bang my face, a lipstick box filled with lipsticks to poke my eyes and a pair of sandals to beat the shit out of me.

[(1) : instruments used in fighting.]

   I explained them how my persistent mother wanted me to marry off a man whom I barely even knew and Utkarsh helped me and stuff.

   “Honestly, I always thought you and Utkarsh would make a good pair.” Ayana patted my shoulder, giving me the purse.

   “What for?” I asked, feeling confused.

   “These are your congratulations gifts, dumbass. And now we want a party.” Lovely gave me the lipstick box and Avantika gave me the sandals.

   I don't care how much they cost, but I feel so happy that they support me, no matter what.

   I wiped my non existent tears dramatically and hugged them, feeling my heart swell for my friends.

   Ayana and I are together since childhood. In our college years, we went to a bookstore where we bumped into Avantika, becoming friends, and she introduced us to Lovely.

   At first, Lovely was a shy and timid one. But when we got to know her better, geez, she's a maniac.

   Whatever, I love my friends, and no matter what, we'll support eachother if our husbands dump us in the middle of nowhere.

   “Did you two kiss? Went on a date? Fucked?”

   “Hey!” I hit Avantika's shoulder for asking me such a lewd question.

   I mean, we kissed, but never went on a proper date. In Montreal, we just hung out, it can't be called a proper date.

   “It doesn't matter, since the relationship is fake.” I shook my hand in a dismissive manner.

   “How boring.” Avantika sat there with a fake sad face.

   We're sitting in the living room of my house. The men (Avinash and Utkarsh) are working, and so no disturbances at all.