𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

“𝑪ome in

   “𝑪ome in.” I continued to fuss with my papers, we were in a definite need of a new robo designer, because the old one designed shit. I can tolerate anything else but not robot designs looking like a toilet seat where you have the cameras in the lavatory.

   A loud squeak of chair, followed by some jewellery clanks drew my attention. I looked up to see a woman about twenty-five, resting her hands on the table, waiting to get my attention.

   “Good afternoon. Myself Shubhlakshmi Adyanthaya. I'm here for a job at Archtech.” She smiled at me, her lipstick in a perfect shade of red, her clothes professional.

   “Good Afternoon, Ms Adyanthaya. May I see your file?” My interviewers personally picked out seven candidates from fifty two, and I prefer to examine them personally. That is what my father always taught me. If you want a good company, make sure you have a good team for you to support you.

   She handled me her file and waited patiently for me to read. First in her class always. Chose science stream. Did diploma in robotics. Interesting.

   “So, Ms Adyanthaya. Which position are you here for?” I asked, crossing my hands on the table.

   “I want to be a professional robo designer. I have two years of experience at Kindsforth. I left the job because they were not paying me enough salary.” I felt her bit her tongue, because she maybe slipped the last line she wasn't supposed to share. I snickered at the obliviousness, or rather, lack of self control from yapping too much.

   I definitely would not like candidates who overshare everything. Some things should be kept private.

   But I like her honesty. It's endearing.

   “Is that so? They didn't pay you enough money?” I raised an eyebrow, trying to gauge her reaction. She was beautiful, but efficiency and honesty was important.

   “Yes sir. I know my worth, and I would definitely be demanding the amount of pay I deserve. I appealed them for this, but they didn't comply. So I left the job.” She was fidgeting her bracelet. That showed nervousness.

   I nodded. “Would you like to enlighten me how much salary would you like to get paid? I definitely want to know what your worth is.” I smirked, leaning forward to her.

   “I would like to see your salary chart please. I have decided my income but I'd like to see it first.” She smiled almost sarcastically.

   Interesting.

   “Ms Adyanthaya, that is a very—” I paused mid sentence when my sketch designs—the toilet shit ones—flew due to fan's air. I usually don't prefer fans, I don't know who turned it on.

   She immediately stood up and picked them up. “Ew!” She exclaimed when she sat down on her seat back, looking at the papers.

   I raised an eyebrow at her reaction. “Sorry sir. I wholeheartedly apologise for my comport, but this sketch design is shit. I don't like it at all. This looks like a freaking toilet seat! It's awful.” She elegantly placed the papers under the paperweight.