Chapter 43

a/n: which do you guys think is gonna happen first? This story gets finished or GTA 6 comes out? In all seriousness, thank you to those who are still here. I promise you I am seeing this thing to the end! Enjoy the new chapter!

Date: January 2nd 2018

Time: 09:52

Location: New York City, USA

Perspective: Y/N

It's finally time. Everything that happens today falls on me to prevent it. Every muscle in my body tenses up as I take in the bustling crowd and the potential danger that lurks within it. The Romano Family isn't a force to be underestimated, and I can feel the weight of their looming presence like a dark cloud hanging over us. I can feel the wind whipping through my hair as I stand on the edge of the rooftop, peering down at the venue where the meet and greet will take place. The sound of the traffic below is drowned out by my racing thoughts, my eyes scanning every inch of the area for any signs of something out of the ordinary. This is the calm before the storm.

"I've seen that look before..." Troy's voice cuts through my focus. "...back during the C.A.M.P."

My eyes remain fixed on the venue as memories of that place flood my mind. I don't respond to his comment.

Troy places a hand on my back, "Y/N. Things are going to be okay."

I finally turned to face him, "You've secured all the rooftops with sightlines into the venue, like this one, correct?"

"Y/N. It's okay to admit you're scared"

"I'm not-" My jaw tenses as I try to suppress my emotions. "I'm just... uncertain of what will happen next, which makes me slightly worried," I admit quietly.

Troy laughs softly "That's called being scared Y/N" His hand moves to my shoulder, and I feel a brief sense of comfort. "We've been through worse before," he says.

I nod back at him. "Thanks" His words don't erase my fears, but for a moment, I feel a sense of relief.

"Seriously though" I add "You did secure all of the-"

"Yes Y/N. All the roofs are covered" Troy cuts me off. "Now, go. Be with your girls, we've got this"

I start to head towards the other edge of the rooftop, before I jump down into the alleyway below I turn to back to Troy and say "Call me, when you need me"

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: January 2nd 2018

Time: 09:58

Location: New York City, USA

Perspective: Park Jihyo

I keep pacing back and forth. My heart is racing as I glance at the clock again. We're two minutes away from starting and Y/N still isn't here yet. I try to hide my worry and keep my mind focused.

"Do you think maybe we should just reschedule?" Momo asks.

"Momo, this is KCON," Jeongyeon replies. "We can't really just reschedule baby"

My pacing comes to a halt as my eyes rapidly blink, wondering if I just heard what I thought I heard. I whip my head towards Jeongyeon and blurt out "What did you just say?!"

Jeongyeon's face turns a bright shade of red "Uh, no I said- I said, we can't reschedule... buddy?" Her voice cracks as she stumbles on her words. Before I have a chance to press on it further I hear a voice call out "Sorry I'm late!"