Chapter 16

Date: December 2nd 2017

Time: 22:17

Location: Seoul, South Korea

Perspective: Y/N

"Be careful out here tonight, and stay away from the alleyways" I say to Dahyun before grappling away.

That was way too close for comfort, next time I'll just starve. Now I'm two for two on people saved in an alleyway. I guess this country isn't as safe as it was the last time I visited.

Grappling to the top of the parking garage, I watch as the girls make their way inside. Dahyun is seemingly smiling and even laughing with her friends. She evidently is over the whole ordeal. It reminded me of how quickly Tzuyu shook off her incident.

"What the hell?" I mumble to myself "Are all idols just desensitized to being attacked?"

    I tried to follow the girls' car from the rooftops as best as I could, but Dahyun kept constantly looking towards the sky. Almost as if she was searching for something. Potentially me?

After driving for 15 minutes or so, the car parks in front of an apartment building. The girls enter inside the complex.

"Lisa, switch to thermal mode"

I lock onto the three girls' heat signatures as they enter an elevator and start heading up.

"Lisa?" I ask.

"Yes agent L/N?"

"Did you get a good look at her friends? Enough to do a facial recognition scan?"

"I did. I'm assuming you're curious whether or not one of them resides in this complex?"

I let out a slight chuckle "You know me so well. So?"

"Doing a quick scan of public records shows that one of her friends, Lee Misun, is the current tenant for apartment number 4-0-7" I see all the documents for the apartment tenants of the complex as well as a picture of the girl on my HUD.

That's definitely the same girl I saw Dahyun with. The guys from earlier didn't seem like they were Yakuza. But I don't want to take anymore chances after what just occurred. However, the longer I'm away from the apartment, the greater the chance that one of the girls tries to enter my room. I pace around the rooftop as I think about my options.

"How the hell am I gonna keep track of her while staying at the apartment? I should've brought a camera"

"Agent Y/N?" Lisa says "I believe I have a solution to your problem. Look closer at the streetlamp in front of the apartment complex"

I stare at the area she described. She was right, there is a solution.

"CCTV" I reply "You think you can get access to it?"

"I already have"

Okay. This might be skating the line of legality, but I suppose that was never an issue back in the CIA.

"Alright" I sigh "I don't really have many other choices. If you see anyone suspicious or notice Dahyun's phone leaving this location, notify me"

"Of course Agent L/N"

After a seemingly long night, I finally headed back to the dorm, ready to be done with today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: December 2nd 2017

Time: 22:49

Location: Seoul, South Korea