EPISODE 15

Fire Rose Hillson

I woke up early and saw Cronus was gone. I know he slept here last night, I smiled at the thought of it. The sun just beginning to peek through the curtains of my room. Today was going to be a busy day, and I needed to shake off the remnants of last night. 

I hopped in the shower, letting the warm water cascade over me, washing away not just the grime but the lingering anger from our encounter with Nicholas. My mind wandered to Ressi's tear-streaked face and Seth's stern voice. The pang of guilt hit me hard. I knew I had made everyone worry, especially Cronus. He had done his best to stay calm, but his eyes had betrayed his anger.

It even caught me off guard, and for a fleeting moment, I thought I had done it—I had finally made Cronus Romano fall for me. The idea sent a thrill through me, almost convincing me that my job was nearly complete. But there are just a few more boxes to check, a few more steps to take, before I can truly say it's over for him, that I've got him right where I want him.

Stepping out of the shower, I wrapped myself in a fluffy towel and stared at my reflection. The bruise on my face stood out like a sore thumb. With a sigh, I reached for the heavy concealer and foundation, meticulously covering up the evidence of last night's altercation. Satisfied with my work, I moved on to getting dressed.

I picked a chic outfit from a well-known clothing line—something beach casual yet stylish. I paired it with a few accessories and a pair of oversized sunglasses. My hair was styled sleek and straight, a perfect match for the effortless look I was going for.

This brunch with Isabella was a crucial part of my plan. The party and all the preparations were just the beginning. Today was the day I would put the spotlight on my carefully orchestrated marketing strategy. 

Ever since Isabella had agreed to attend our brunch, I'd been plotting out every detail. I knew the power of social media and how one well-placed post could change everything. Isabella had millions of followers, and being seen with her, being tagged by her, would give my own social media presence a significant boost. It wasn't just about vanity; it was about visibility and influence.

I envisioned the perfect scenario: a beautifully set table laden with fresh fruit, pastries, and gourmet dishes, all against the backdrop of the sparkling ocean. I could see the Instagram captions already, accompanied by hashtags that would draw in the crowds. 

I had spent the past few weeks curating my own social media accounts, ensuring they looked polished and professional. I'd carefully selected each photo, edited each caption, and planned the aesthetics to match the beachy, sophisticated vibe I wanted to project.

By the time I made my way to the backyard, everyone was starting to gather. The sun was shining, and the beach looked inviting. The table was set with an array of delicious food, and the air was filled with the sound of laughter and the crashing waves.

"Lover!" Ressi called out, waving me over. I smiled and walked towards her, noticing Cronus watching me from a distance. He gave me a small nod, and I smile in return.

Isabella arrived fashionably late, her presence immediately lighting up the space. "Rose, darling!" she exclaimed, pulling me into a hug. "This place is gorgeous!"

We settled into brunch, the conversation flowing easily. I snapped candid photos and selfies, making sure to capture the fun and relaxed atmosphere. Isabella was a natural in front of the camera, and I knew these pictures would be a hit on social media.

 Alexandra said, glancing at my outfit. "Rose, you look amazing,"

"Thanks, Alex," I replied with a grin. "I had to make sure I looked good for our VIP guest."