Episode 23: My disheveled look was so appealing

Cronus Romano 

My morning started by sitting here in the boardroom, the natural light casting a golden hue over the polished mahogany table. It was the next day after the grand opening event, and the energy from last night's success still buzzed in the air. I sat at the head of the conference table, the air thick with anticipation as I laid out my grand vision. The board members, of seasoned veterans and fresh faces, listened intently, their expressions a blend of curiosity and skepticism.

"Ladies and gentlemen," I began, leaning forward slightly to emphasize my point, "our museum has just opened, marking the beginning of an exciting journey. This year, our focus will be on boosting the museum's identity, creating strong customer relationships, and finding investors to drive our profit gains. Next year, I intend to expand the museum, elevating its identity and making it an anchor to our new ventures."

Murmurs of interest rippled through the room. Good start, I thought, noting the approving nods from some of the more seasoned members.

I continued, "Well continue to show art pieces that attract not just art enthusiasts, but also tech aficionados and investors."

"How do you plan to fund this transformation?" one board member asked, raising a skeptical eyebrow.

"Through Art investments," I replied confidently. "We'll acquire high-value pieces from renowned artists. These pieces will not only draw in crowds but also appreciate in value, providing us with a sustainable revenue stream."

Another member chimed in, "What about the long-term benefits? How does this plan ensure our museum's future?"

"Excellent question," I said, leaning forward. "This is just phase one. After a year, we'll launch an Innovation Incubator adjacent to the museum. This incubator will nurture startups in tech and creative fields, focusing on digital art and cultural technology. We'll provide them with access to our art investment opportunities and incorporate art valuation technologies into their projects." The room buzzed with excitement. 

"By integrating cutting-edge tech and art, we'll create a symbiotic relationship that propels both the museum and these startups forward. The gains are manifold—financial growth, increased visitor numbers, and positioning ourselves as a leader in the intersection of art and technology."

The board members exchanged looks, nodding in agreement. It was clear they were on board. Seeing their approval, I continued to address any lingering questions, ensuring we covered all bases. One investor asked about the projected budget for the upcoming year and how we would manage the initial costs. I assured her that our current financial reserves, combined with anticipated donations and grants. The discussions moved swiftly as each concern was addressed.

As the clock ticked down, I summarized the key points once more, emphasizing the importance of their support and the positive impact this initiative would have on the museum's future.

"With your approval," I concluded, "we can start laying the groundwork immediately and ensure that by this time next year, our museum stands as a beacon of innovation and cultural excellence."

A final round of nods and murmurs of agreement solidified the decision. The meeting wrapped up smoothly within the next twenty minutes, with the board members filing out of the room, their excitement palpable. As the last member exited, I quickly rushed out, eager to meet Rose. Bursting through the door of my office, I found her sitting on the couch, munching on gummy bears. Jack, my secretary, must have given them to her.

Rose glanced up and smiled, a sight that never failed to make my day. "Why are you panting?" she asked, her eyes twinkling.

"I ran back here," I admitted, trying to catch my breath. "Wanted to make sure you weren't getting too comfortable without me." I took off my suit jacket and draped it over the back of a chair. Next, I loosened my tie, slipping it out from under my collar and letting it hang around my neck. Then, I unbuttoned the cuffs of my shirt and carefully folded up the sleeves, revealing my forearms, and sat down.