Episode 47: She was worth every ounce of frustration

Cronus Romano

My hands trembled violently as I held Rose close to me. Her small frame was covered in dirt, her beautiful face marred by bruises. It shattered my soul, a tormenting guilt consuming me from within. How could I let this happen? How could I let her go here and allow those bastards to hit her, touch her?

My grip tightened, the rage boiling within me almost too much to contain. When I shot Themis in the shoulder, I held back.

Barely

Seeing him yank Rose by her hair, I forgot we were bound by blood. Killing him quickly with a gun would be too merciful. He needed to be alive, to suffer. I was open to forgiving his attack on me, but hurting Rose? Fucking no, I would drag him to hell myself and make sure he never saw the light again.

"I want everyone in here locked up! No one escapes, not a single soul!" I roared at my men. They scattered, capturing everyone, including a bleeding Themis and a defiant Catrina.

I hope Gerald and Seth won't take long to get in here with the ambulance Alexandra had arrange.

Rose tapped my chest softly, and I looked down at her. She smiled weakly. "I can't breathe, you're hugging me too tight."

"Oh," I whispered, my grip trembling as I slowly loosened it. "How are you, my love?" My voice cracked as I forced a weak smile, fighting back the tears that threatened to spill from my eyes.

She let out a bitter, sarcastic laugh. "What do you think? Your crazy ass brother is too much!" Her eyes flared with anger, and then she softened. "And you're late." Despite everything, she smiled at me, wrapping her arm around my neck. "Thank you for coming," she whispered, her voice trembling with exhaustion.

"I'm going to kill him!" My rage simmering just beneath the surface. I was ready to storm off and face Themis, but Rose held me tightly, her grip like a lifeline tethering me to the present.

"Please, don't go. Stay with me," she pleaded, her eyes sparkling with unshed tears. The sight of her vulnerability tugged at my heart, and I pulled her into my arms, hoping my embrace could somehow erase the pain and fear she was feeling.

The distant wail of an ambulance broke through the chaos in my mind. I lifted Rose gently, her weight light yet heavy with the gravity of the moment. She looked like she was about to pass out any minute.

I needed to hurry.

As I rushed outside, Nicholas and Gerald came running toward us, their faces drawn with deep concern and panic. "Is she okay?" Seth's voice trembled with worry as he gently touched Rose's face, his fingers quivering.

Rose tried to muster a reassuring smile, but it came out as a weak, forced whisper. "I'm fine, don't be dramatic," she said, her attempt at strength betrayed by her fragile voice.

Seth's eyes blazed with fear and frustration. "You call this fine?!" he shouted, his voice cracking under the strain. "Just wait until your mom hears about this," he added, the anger in his tone tempered by a touch of tenderness.

The ambulance doors were already open, waiting for us. I carefully placed Rose on the stretcher as a medic quickly began to attend to her.

"Please, Seth, don't make this harder for me than it already is," Rose pleaded, her eyes locking onto his, filled with a mix of desperation and exhaustion.

Seth took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. "Fine," he relented, though his worry was still palpable. "Cronus, don't let her move an inch," he ordered, his protective instincts kicking in, his voice a mixture of authority and helplessness.