Episode 37: Escapism by 070 Shake and Raye

Fire Rose Hillson

Not bad for being called shameless clothing

I stared at myself in the full-length mirror, feeling a rush of power and seduction wash over me. This dress—this strapless, above-the-knee masterpiece in deep, inky black—was perfect. It hugged my curves like it was made for me, the sweetheart neckline with its ruffled lace appliqués adding just the right touch of romantic softness to balance the boldness.

The sharply defined waistline flowed into a skirt of cascading ruffles, playful and flirty. The raw, unfinished edge of the hem spoke to my current state of mind—edgy and delicate all at once. I slipped into sleek black Louboutin heels and fastened a choker-style necklace with a large, dark red rose off-center to the left. My makeup was sultry, with smoky eyes and bold red lips, and I swept my hair up in an elegant yet tousled updo. Tonight, I wanted all eyes on me. No, I needed them to be.

As I made the finishing touches to my look, adjusting the choker just so, Ressi popped in. She was a vision in a red silk mini dress with a halter neckline that wrapped gracefully around her neck, creating an elegant twist detail at the front. The draped design enhanced her silhouette, emphasizing her shoulders and collarbones. She froze at the sight of me, her eyes widening with exaggerated admiration.

"Damn, Lover!" Ressi said with a teasing smirk. "I don't wanna feel how my heart is rippin', in fact, I don't wanna feel, so I stick to sippin', and I'm out on the town with a simple mission, in my little black dress and this shit is sittin' Just a heart broke bitch, high heels six inch, in the back of the nightclub, sippin' champagne."

"Huh?" I blinked, still caught up in my own thoughts.

"Escapism by 070 Shake and Raye," she repeated, wiggling her eyebrows playfully. "You should listen to that song."

I frowned, trying to catch up. "You are indeed your brother's sister," I said, shaking my head with a chuckle. Then, taking in her appearance, I couldn't help but smile. "And you look stunning as usual," I added, pulling her into a tight hug. The warmth of our embrace filled me with a comforting sense of camaraderie and excitement. "I'm so glad you could make it to the party."

"Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss it for the world," Ressi replied, her voice full of sincerity and excitement.

With one last glance in the mirror, a final check to make sure every detail was perfect, we headed out to the venue, the anticipation of the night ahead buzzing between us. The Shameless Influencers Party was everything I envisioned and more. 

The cyberpunk theme transformed the space into a neon-lit dreamscape. The venue was bathed in vibrant colors, with holographic displays projecting abstract patterns onto the walls. Metallic accents gleamed under the lights, and the air was thick with an electric excitement. As we entered, a thrumming bass line pulsed through the room, and I felt a surge of anticipation. This was it. This was the moment.

People were already filling the space, mingling and dancing, their outfits reflecting the edgy, futuristic theme. I spotted Gerald and Seth talking at one of the VIP tables. We made our way over, and the boys' faces lit up when they saw us.

"Wow, you two look incredible," Gerald exclaimed, his eyes twinkling with genuine admiration as he looked at Ressi. She couldn't help herself and did a little twirl, giggling with delight.

Seth nodded in agreement. "Shameless Clothing suits you both perfectly," he added, his gaze flicking between us with a smile.

"Thanks, guys," I replied, feeling a flush of pride warming my cheeks. It was more than just the compliments on our outfits; it was the acknowledgment of my hard work and vision coming to life. "Are you enjoying the party so far?"