Panic Mode

Summary: Travis sustains an injury during a football game and Taylor goes into panic mode.

............

The booth cheered happily as The Chiefs got a first down. Taylor and Brittany did their handshake and smiled happily. "Travis is playing amazing today! They all are!" Taylor commented.

"It's probably because you're here." Britany replied, bumping her hip into Taylor's while she blushed. "He always plays better when you're here."

Taylor smiled shyly. "Haha."

"Well it's true!" Brittany replied. Taylor chuckled and turned her attention back to the field. The players lined back up to start the next play and everyone watched intently since it was first and goal.

The play kicked off and Travis ran down the right to the end zone for a pass. Patrick threw it and it spiraled through the air. Travis hopped up in the air to catch it and had just gotten it in his hand when he felt someone grab his foot and slam him into the ground, making him lose control of it.

The stadium gasped. Travis tried to stand up but the pain shooting through his foot prevented it.

"It looks like we have an injury. Number 87, Travis Kelce." The announcer stated and a flag was issued to the player who did that while a couple paramedics helped Travis stand up.

"Oh my god, oh my god, is he okay? What happened? Where's he going?" Taylor asked simultaneously. This was the first time Travis has had to be taken off of the field due to an injury since they've started dating and Taylor couldn't help but freak out.

"He should be fine, honey." Donna said. "This isn't the first time he's gotten injured."

"He should be fine? Should be? What do you mean 'should be'? Like he might not be?" Taylor stammered on, worriedly. Donna was about to say something else but Brittany cut her to it.

"Hey, hey. Relax." Brittany said. "They probably just took him to the locker room to get him checked out. Do you want me to take you there?"

Taylor nodded and stood up so Brittany could lead her to the locker room. Brittany grabbed her hand and dragged her through the stadium and to the locker room. "Okay, here we are."

"Thanks, Brittany." Taylor replied and Brittany nodded.

Taylor opened the door to the locker room and saw Travis lying across a bench with a pained look on his face while the paramedics checked his foot.

"Trav?" Taylor muttered quietly. Travis' head snapped to her. "Tay? What are you doing in here?"

Taylor walked up closer to him. "I was worried about you." She mumbled.

Travis' eyes softened when he saw the pure look of fear and nervousness on her face. "Oh, sweetie. Come here." He replied. Taylor walked up to him shyly and Travis patted the spot on the bench behind his head so Taylor could sit there. She sat down on the seat and Travis looked up into her eyes. "I'll be fine, baby." He assured her.

"You scared me." Taylor muttered, moving a hand to take it across his buzzcut.

"I know, I'm sorry baby." Travis replied, lifting a hand up to place it on her cheek. "But I'm okay! You don't need to worry anymore."

Taylor nodded, sniffling. "So, what happened exactly? I couldn't see very well."

"Uh, when I jumped up to catch the ball, someone grabbed onto my foot and slammed me into the ground." Travis replied.

"That's not allowed!" Taylor said, furrowing her eyebrows in an angered manner, but Travis just found it adorable. Not that he'd ever tell her that, 'cause him finding her anger funny will piss her off more and then he wouldn't be finding it funny.

"I know it's not, which is why they gave him a flag." Travis replied. "Relax, honey."

"Sorry." Taylor muttered. "I just didn't sleep well last night."

"You didn't?" Travis questioned. "Why not?"

Taylor shrugged. "I just couldn't sleep. It's no big deal. It happens a lot."

"We've been over this before, Tay." Travis sighed. "You gotta tell me when you can't sleep. Wake me up! I hate when I'm asleep when you aren't."

"I know." Taylor replied. "I just don't like waking you up."

"I know, but promise me you'll wake me up next time?" Travis questioned and Taylor reluctantly nodded. "Good." He smiled.

"So, are you out the rest of the game?" Taylor asked.

Travis nodded. "Sadly, yes. But they said it was cool if I stayed in the booth with you guys for the rest of the game."

"Awesome!" Taylor smiled happily. "Is it like sprained or worse?"

"It's just a sprain but I can't walk on it for a couple days." He replied.

"Oh, well I'll take care of you then." Taylor said.

"You're gonna play nurse?" Travis replied, raising his eyebrow in a suggestive manner.

"Yeah." Taylor replied, winking. "I'll play nurse."

"If I knew I was gonna get a such a hot nurse then I would've sprained my ankle a while ago." Travis smirked and Taylor hit his shoulder playfully. "Shut up."

                                     ...........

The last thing Taylor was expecting when she went back up to the booth to watch the rest of the game cuddled up with Travis was to end up falling asleep on him. Of course, she always tends to fall asleep when they're cuddled up together but definitely not during a loud football game.

And even though it was a football game, everyone in the booth was a little quieter when something worth cheering for happened, not wanting to wake up the princess of Chiefs kingdom.

"How're you feeling, Travis?" Ross asked, sitting down next to Travis during a quarter break.

"Good. It doesn't hurt when I'm not standing on it." Travis replied.

"Hm, and what about her?" Ross asked, gesturing to Taylor who was peacefully sleeping in his arms.

"What do you mean?" Travis asked.

"Oh, well, when you got hurt, she was freaking out. No one could calm her down until eventually Brittany just took her down to the locker room to see you." Ross replied and Travis felt a look of hurt wash over his eyes, hating the fact that he made his girl worry like that.

"Oh, she looked worried when she came in there but I didn't know she was that worried." Travis sighed.

"It was actually pretty adorable. I've never seen any of your past girlfriends react like that when you got injured. She looked like she wanted to go down there and kill the guys who did that." Ross chuckled.

"It was actually pretty sweet." Donna chimed in from where she was sitting next to Travis. "She looked terrified."

Travis pouted, looking over at Taylor who was still sleeping peacefully, looking a lot more calm than she did half an hour ago. "Awe, I didn't know that. I'm glad she cares about me so much. I care about her too. Back when she almost fell off of the cabin during her Folklore set, I about had a panic attack and she didn't even hurt herself." Travis chuckled, recalling the memory.

"Yeah, it was a match made in heaven with you two." Ross said.

Travis nodded. "Yep, it sure was."

It was silent for ten seconds before Ross started talking again. "Wait until she finds out that you've had ten surgeries 'cause of football."

Travis' eyes widened and he shook his head. "No one better tell her about that."

Hellloooo👋

I didn't think scooping ice cream would hurt my wrist as much as it did😭

Sabrina's releasing a new albummmmm!

Anyway, hope you liked this one!👍

Requests👉