18

Summary: this is a Tayvis AU set in college. they're both 20 <3

I've been listening to a lot of One Direction  and Harry Styles songs recently so there will probably be a lot of chapters with both 1D and Harry Styles song titles😅😭

                                      ..............

"Okay. Here goes nothing." Travis sighed nervously as he stepped up the stairs of his girlfriend, Taylor's, apartment.

Today was there two year anniversary and Travis planned on taking Taylor out someplace nice, but he would be lying is he said he wasn't at least a little bit nervous.

He stepped up and raised his fist, knocking on the door. He waited patiently for her to answer while straightening his suit jacket. She answered after a couple seconds. "Hey!" She smiled happily.

"Hey, wow. You look absolutely beautiful." He complimented. She was wearing a dark red dress that hugged her curves and stopped just below her knees.

"Thank you." She blushed. "You look pretty handsome to." She replied. He was dressed in a plain black suit with a rose pinned on to at least coordinate a little.

"Thank you." He smiled. "So, are you ready for a night of magic, Madam." He asked, holding out his arm for her to link hers with.

"Oh, a night of magic. I like the sound of that." She replied, linking arms with Travis and following him out to go to the restaurant.

As they walked out, Taylor looked up and gasped. Sitting in her driveway was a carriage with two horses leading it and a man sitting in the front to steer the horses. It was like something out of a princess movie. "You got a horse and carriage?!" She exclaimed, jumping up and down on her feet.

"I told you it was gonna be a night of magic." She shrugged, smiling over at how happy she looked. "How did you afford this? You can barely afford your rent?" She asked as they walked towards the carriage.

"That's not important." He replied. "Whats important is that we have the best night ever." He helped her into the carriage before getting in after her.

"Thank you, baby! I love you so much!" She practically squealed, giving him a deep kiss. "Mm, if you keep kissing me like that, I might have to own the carriage instead." He laughed while Taylor set her head down on his chest.

"So, where are we going?" Taylor asked after a minute of silence.

"That's a surprise, darling. You've already asked me that like ten times." He replied and Taylor shrugged. "Eh, thought I'd try one more time."

As they drove to the restaurant, they got a few looks and stares of amazement from people. But a couple people looked like riding in a horse and carriage was normal everyday things. Well, it was New York so it might be.

They made small talk as they drove to the restaurant until they eventually pulled into the parking lot. "And, we're here!" Travis declared and Taylor looked up from where her head was set on Travis' chest to look at the restaurant.

"Wow." Taylor awed, looking at the restaurant as they got out of the carriage. The restaurant was called "The Modern" and it was very high end, fancy, and expensive restaurant.

"Do you like it?" Travis asked, clearly kind of nervous for her reaction. "I love it!" Taylor exclaimed. "But this is a really expensive restaurant. How can you afford this?" She asked.

"Don't worry about it, babe. That doesn't matter. Let's just enjoy the night." He replied as he walked around the carriage to help her out of it.

"You're the best boyfriend ever." He helped taylor out of the car and they walked hand in hand into the restaurant. They got shown to their table and went ahead and ordered their drinks. They both just ordered water since the weren't twenty one yet.

"This place is gorgeous." Taylor complimented, looking around the place in awe.

"Only the most gorgeous place for the most gorgeous girl." Travis replied and Taylor smiled lovingly.

"So." Travis started, changing the subject. "I was thinking after this, we could go on a little walk together. Spend some extra quiet time together." He suggested. "Everything's just been so hectic lately." He sighed and Taylor nodded. "Yep."

Taylor was currently working at the local coffee shop just to make a little extra cash while she was in school. She always had a passion for music and songwriting and was majoring in music education. Travis on the other hand always had a passion for football and is going to college on a full ride football scholarship and has a dream to make it to the NFL one day. He also works as a football coach for younger kids on his downtime, so they've both been pretty busy lately.

They ordered their dinner and ate while making small talk and laughing together. When they finished up and Travis paid the check(much to Taylor's dismay) they set off in the carriage again.

"I still need to know how on earth you got this?" Taylor chuckled, leaning into Travis' side as the carriage rode down the streets.

"That's a secret, I'm afraid." He shrugged. Taylor kept prodding on about it until she eventually gave up, knowing he wouldn't cave in anytime soon. They rode the rest of the way there in silence, Taylor holding onto Travis' arm.

"We're here!" Travis declared and Taylor looked up from where she was originally staring. "Oh...my..." she trailed off as she stared at the large grass field in front of them. On the field. There were small candles laid around to make a large square and roses placed in the middle to form a heart.

Travis helped Taylor out of the carriage while she was trying to process what was happening. "Travis... what is all this?"

"Hm, I don't know." Travis tried to feign innocence but failed as a large smirk broke out on his face. They walked forward towards the set up until they were both standing in the center.

"Taylor..." Travis sighed. "The day that I walked into that coffee shop two years ago and came across this beautiful blonde headed barista who drew a heart on my cup, was probably one of the most memorable days of my life. you have been with me through everything that has happened. I was on such a terrible path when I met you and you helped me turn it around before it got worse. If it wasn't for you, I would've had to kissed my football scholarship goodbye. You are the sweetest, most kindhearted and talented person I have ever met. I know we're still young, but I've been in love with you since we were eighteen, and I know what I want. And what I want is you, only you. So, my love, will you make me the happiest man in the world..." Travis took out a black box from his suit jacket and kneeled down, holding the box out in front of him and opening it. "Will you marry me?"

Taylor looked at Travis with tears cascading down her face. She sniffled while trying to wipe the tears away "yes, yes, I'll marry you, Travis!"  Taylor held out her left hand and Travis took the ring out of the box. Slipping it on her run finger. He stood up on the grass and wrapped up his fiancé in his arms. "I love you so much, baby. I can't wait to call you my wife." He smiled, trying to stop the tears falling down his face. "I love you too, Travis. I'm so happy!"

Taylor flung her arms around Travis' neck and buried her head into his chest. They held each other silently, thinking about the future that was coming up next, their future.

                                         ~~~
"I have loved you since we were 18. Long before we both thought the same thing. To be loved and to be in love. All I can do is say that these arms are made for holding you. I wanna love like you made me feel when we were 18"~ One Direction
                                        ~~~

Hope you enjoyed it!

Just so you know, this is the story I'll update the most. I still update all of them, obviously, but this will definitely be more frequent:)

Requests👉