marriage of the era

Draupadi and Pandavas stood together on the altar, each unable to believe the turn of events. Just before the ceremony could commence, Shikhandini was unable to control herself anymore as she questioned Maharishi Vedvyas,"yeh kaisa vivah hai! Akhir meri bhen kaise nibhapayegi yeh sambandh jo ke sath 5 ke sath hoga!"

Before Maharishi could answer panchali answered the question herself,"main Har panduputra ke sath ek varsh ke liye rahungi, aur phir swayam ko shudh karne ke uprant hi main dusre Arya ke sath rahungi!"

"aur yadi hum mese kisi ne bhi is vachan ko bhang kiya toh use 12 varsh prayashchit Yatra karni padegi!"  Yudhishthir added, all the pandavas nodded but shikhandini's worries did not end there as she again questioned,
" Kintu aap sab Rajkumar Hain, Apko rajnaitik karnon se Kai Vivah karne pad sakte hain! Aur aapki patniyan bhi aapke sath aaenge to AAP Sab Ka Meri Bahan ke Prati Samarpan apne aap kam ho jaega! Tab voh kya karegi? Ek ka Panch ke Prati samarpit Rahana Saral Nahin!"

" Kintu Panch to Ek ke Prati samarpit Rah sakte hain na!" Yudhishthir countered." Meri Pehli Patni Hidimba, Hamare Sath Nahin rahti, Kyunki yah Samaj use swikar Nahin Karega!
Uski chinta tum mat karo!" Bheem added.

The four brothers gave arjun a look,
He immediately understood what they meant to do, despite the fact that he is heart was being torn into pieces, he nodded, " Panchali ke alava Hamari Koi Aur Patni use Ghar Mein Nahin Rahegi Jis Ghar Ki swamini Panchali Hogi!"
They promised.

" sivaay Mira Jiji ke!" Panchali added without missing a beat. Arjun looked at her with gratefulness, love and respect leaking from his eyes in form of tears,
And all others look that her in astonishment.

" kya! Sab Meri Taraf aise kyon Dekh Rahe Hain?" She exclaimed annoyed at the surprised looks everyone was giving her,"oh acha!" Realisation dawned on her face.

" Main Apni Mira Jiji Ke Bina Kahin Nahin jaati, suraksha kavach Hai vah Meri! Upar Se Satyabhama bhabhi bata rahi thi, Un Aathon se, 9 Sitara jiji ko milakar Ek Govind Nahin sambhalte to main Akeli 5 ko kaise sambhalengi?"
She jests lightning the mood instantly.
The amusement turns to laughter as Krishna pouts and Sitara hits him on the back of his head.

The marriage ceremony begins,
The 6 of them Stand Together in front of the Yagya havan as Maharishi Ved Vyas begins mantra path. Panchali gets lost in thoughts of the future, a fear grips her heart like a vine, drowning her in it.

_________________________________________

"Ab vadhu ko chudamani pahnayiye!"
The voice of Maharishi Vedvyas brought panchali out of her musings.
Her eyes followed the plate which held the chudamani, she looked at sitara for support. Sitara gently squeezed her shoulder and Patted her back twice in reassurance, tears leaked of uncertainty and fear leaked from her eyes as pandavas placed the chudamani in her hair.

Her tears weren't stopping as the six of them stood at the altar,Mata kunti approached her and gently cupped her cheeks as she said,"main tumse jitni baar bhi kshma mangu kam hai aur tumhara jitna abhar karun vo bhi kam hai, Tumhare Karan mere Put...

Mata kunti approached her and gently cupped her cheeks as she said,"main tumse jitni baar bhi kshma mangu kam hai aur tumhara jitna abhar karun vo bhi kam hai, Tumhare Karan mere Putra biched nahi! Main kis muh se tumhara dhanyavad karun!" She joined her hand infront of Draupadi.

"Aisa mat kahi matashri! Bade bhi kya choton se mafi mangte hai!" Panchali said as she held kunti's hand.

"Apradh Jab kiya ho tab mafi mangni chaiye putri, chahe bade ne kiya ho ya chote ne! Tumhen Kuchh De To Nahin sakti, Kintu yah Mata Tumse yah Prathna karti hai, In Panchon bhaiyon ko Kabhi alag mat hone dena, Apne mangalsutra ke sutra Se bandh kar Rakhna!" Saying this kunti blessed the newly-weds and got of the altar.

___________________________________________

Next update will come when,
This chapter hits 25 votes!!!