TWENTY - FIVE

•••

•••

" Mommy! " Freya turned to see the source of the young voice. Surrounding her was a woodland scenery and clear skies. The smell of fresh water and smoke filled air engulfed her senses.

Quick footsteps heading in her way made her turn to see who it was. A girl no older than five with curly black hair and soft grey eyes ran in her direction. A large smile smeared on her features as she ran in quick steps.

Freya watched the girl with her brows furrowed. Behind the girl ran an older Bellamy with his hair longer and a small beard and mustache that he kept trimmed. Behind them, the sun was setting, and the clouds were darkening.

" Mommy! Daddy's being mean " The small girl wrapped her arms around freyas waist making her instantly wrap her arms around the girl

" Oh, and how's that? " The words came out naturally along with the smile

" He wanted me to take a bath," the girl whined as she dug her head into freyas' stomach.

" She decided to run in the river," Bellamy said clearly out of breath. She turned her head to glare at him, who in return shrugged nonchalantly.

Bellamy met freyas eyes and frowned. Confusion was etched on her face as she looked down at the girl who was now rambling.

" You okay? " Bellamy asked. Freya looked up at him and forged a smile

" Im okay."

With a gasp freyas eyes opened, the hut ceiling comes into her view. Bellamy, who sat at her side, shot up with a smile on his face.

" Bell? " She whispered. Her eyes frantically took on his daily curly mess of hair and his slick, clean face. With the realization that it was just a dream, Freya relaxed.

" Are you okay? " Bellamy rushed out. That was when Freya noticed how he held her hand in his in a firm grip.

" I'm okay." She nodded the smallest bit. Her eyes stayed on Bellamys as he stared right back at her. A small smile curved on her lips at the simple sight of him in front of her

Bellamy reached forward and brushed some of her hair behind her ear. His thumb strayed on her cheek where he rubbed smooth circles.

" He's been injected with a virus."