TEN

•••

•••

( Four years ago )

" Please, Freya." Fourteen year old Johnathan pleaded the twelve year old Freya, who was hiding in the corner of her bed. Johnathan had been trying for the past months to get Freya out of their quarters, but he always came up empty-handed.

" No, Johnny. If we get caught, you'll get in trouble. " Freya disagreed knowing the rules that were set when she was first caught by the guards, " I can't leave the room anymore. " Freya shook her head

" Come on, please. Just for a few minutes, " Johnathan persisted in his sister. " I'll have you back before we get caught," Johnathan offered

" Promise? "

" Promise "

Climbing off her bed, Freya followed Johnathan as he walked to the door. The blonde boy pushed the door open, letting the hallway come straight into view. The girl smiled as she remembered how she used to run up and down the halls with some other kids.

Following her brother down the hall, she smiled when all her memories came flooding back to her mind in an instant. Sticking her hand out, she let them roam across the metal walls that she remembered once punching a boy in the face against the wall.

The memories of playing tag with some of the girls down the hall, having a small picnic on the floor with some friends, and throwing a ball that Johnathan once found in a closet.

" Hey! " The siblings both turned as a guard spotted then. His short black hair and freckled face stared right at them from down the hall. Within a moment of silence, Johnathan had grabbed freyas arm, pulling her to a run with him.

More guards soon began to follow them down the hall. Freyas breathing became quick as she struggled to breathe longer they ran. Her throat felt dry, and her lungs felt like they were deflating.

It wasn't long until she felt her legs give out as she fell to the floor, taking Johnathan with her. " Freya. Breath, breath for me, " Johnathan said as he pulled Freya to his chest, rocking them.

Any time a guard went to grab him, he'd shove them off, refusing to let go of Freya till he knew she was okay. His ran his free hand through her hair camingly. The guards all paused in their position, letting the boy help Freya breah through her asthma attack.

" I'm okay." Freya looked in johnathans eyes, knowing what was to come of them being caught. They were given rules by jaha after being caught. Rules that if one was to break, they'd be floated or locked up till they were twenty.

That's what happened to Johnathan. He was placed in a sky box with other delinquents. That's how he met Cole, a boy who had killed his father for assaulting coles girlfriend.

( Present )

" Why am I mad at you? " Bellamy asked as he watched Freya hold a now sleeping Charlotte