THIRTY - THREE

•••

•••

Bellamy and Freya walked side by side, holding hands. They listened as drew and another kid spoke about what they wanted to do at the ocean. Freya could feel the excitement from them in the air. It was like a wave of relief to the Winchester girl.

Suddenly, the atmosphere was dropped when Jasper held up his hand to hush everyone. Surely, the excitement turned to suspense as they all looked around for danger.

Before anyone could blink, a saw blade was soaring through the air, Lansing in Drew's face. " Grounders! " Jasper screamed before everyone turned to rush back to camp.

Bellamy held onto freyas hand tightly as he pulled her to make sure she didn't get trapped in the crowd.

Once in camp again, they slammed the gate closed. Bellamy and Clarke rushed to the top while Freya paced back and forth.

" Where are they? "

" Why aren't they attacking? " Bellamy asked, climbing down to stop Freya from pacing

" Because we're doing exactly what they wanted us to do. " Clarke answered, looking away from the forest and to the others around her

" What are you talking about? " Freya questioned out of breath, her mind on overdrive

" Lincoln said the scouts would be the first to arrive," Clarke continued, looking at Bellamy as if to ask him to help calm Freya down

" If it's just scouts, we can fight our way out. That's what Lincoln would do. " Octavia said, running her hand down Freyas back.

" We're done doing what that grounder would do. We tried it, and now Drew is dead. Do you want to be next? " Bellamy scolded, not liking the idea of trusting a grounder

" That grounder saved our lives. I agree with Octavia. For all we know, there's one scout out there. " Finn snapped back.

" One scout with insanely good aim. " Jasper mumbled out

" Clarke, we can still do this. " Octavia reasoned, pleadingy. Octavia wanted to fight for what was theirs, not let it go when danger arrived.

" Looking to you, Princess. What's it gonna be? Run and get picked off out in the open, or stand and fight back? " Bellamy looked at Clarke, who turned back to look at the forest

" Clarke. If we're still here when Tristan gets here... " Finn said, and Freya began to really panic at his words.

"Lincoln said,"Scouts." More than one. He said, "Get home before the scouts arrive." Finn, they're already here. Looks like you've got your fight. " Clarke spoke to both Finn and Bellamy.

" Ok, then. This is what we've been preparing for. Kill them before they kill us. Gunners, to your posts. Use the tunnels to get in and out. From now on, the gate stays closed. " Bellamy ordered, rubbing a reassuring hand down Freyas back.