FOURTY - THREE

•••

•••

Bellamy grips on the belts tightened as he lowered himself down the cliff. His feet are his only support while he lets gravity take him down. Mel continues to cry as her hands begin to slip.

" All right. Ease it out slowly. Just hang on. I'm almost there. " Bellamy called to Mel wo cried harder when she glanced down at sterling. When Bellamy reached her, he held his hand out for her to take. " It's ok. I got you. I got you. Just put your arms around me. "

" I can't," Mel sobbed

" Yes, you can. It's ok. This will hold. I'll get you up. I promise. " Bellamy assured her. With shaky arms, Mel gripped onto Bellamy as tight as she could. " Ok? Ok. Ok. I got her! Pull us up! "

" Don't you worry, Bellamy. I won't drop you. " Murphy joked as he pulled up the makeshift rope.

" Just pull, Murphy. " Bellamy sighed. Suddenly, the rope that supported Bellamy and Mel jerked. Mel screamed as she clutched onto Bellamy, making him grunt.

" Come on! A little help! " Murphy grunted as held the two separate ends on the belts that snapped. Finn rushed to take hold of the rope holding Bellamy.

" Oh, no! Pull! Pull! " Monroe screamed when an arrow landed in the ground beside them.

" What the hell is happening up there?! " Bellamy yelled when they jerked downwards again, hating how Mel held onto his neck so tightly.

" Grounders! Cover! " Finn screamed when more arrows came flying a them. Monroe jumped to the gun and started to fire in the direction the arrows came in

" How many are there? " Bellamy asked.

" We can't see 'em! " Finn yelled backed, gritting his teeth as he pulled on the ropes.

" In the trees! In the trees! Aim for the trees! " Murphy screamed.

" Aah! No, no, no! " Monroe cried in pain as an arrow lodged into her leg. Finn glanced at Monroe but gritted his teeth harder and tried pulling again.

" Just hang on. " Murphy called when the rope almost slipped from his hands.

" We're gonna need to cut her loose. " Finn said to Murphy, who shook his head in disagreement

" We can do this. " Bellamy said to Mel, who nodding trying to convince herself that Bellamy was telling the truth.

" Bellamy, you got to cut her loose! " Finn called down, making Mel cry in fear

" No way! " Bellamy disagreed quickly

" Cut her loose! " Finn screamed again. Before either could respond, a familiar horn went off into the air. Mel looked at Bellamy, whose eyes widened in fear

" Acid fog. Monroe, get back on the rope! " Finn yelled at Monroe, who dropped the gun and moved to the rope, ignoring the pain in her leg.

" Come on! " Murphy gritted as they pulled the rope harder. Soon, Mel was rushing over the edge and onto Finns lap with Bellamy right behind her