THIRTY - FOUR

•••

•••

Drums were heard in the distance, causing everyone to stop working and turn to the sound. Freya turned to Bellamy, who was already looking at the foxholes, and knew what he was thinking

" Go," She said. Before he left, he gave her a kiss and a tight hug. It was his way of saying he loved her no matter what happened to him.

After her left, Freya went to their hut and grabbed her bow and quiver of arrows. Strapping the quivers on her back, she climbed shooters post.

" You're not supposed to be up here," Cole snapped, eyeing her short frame

" I don't give a shit Cole, my boyfriend is out there, and I'm going to keep him safe," She hissed at him before looking out at the forest for Bellamy.

When she spotted him by the west wall, she squatted down and pulled an arrow into her bow. Her eyes stayed in front of him for any grunders that she could shoot.

Inside the dropship, Raven tries to explain to Clarke and finn how to hook up the wires. Her legs had started to turn numb, and pain spread throughout her back.

By the west wall, Bellamy tried to concentrate on what was in front of him but found it hard. With Octavia out in the forest unprotected and the pregnancy drop, his mind was spiraling.

The gunners were shooting at the grounder, but they were too fast, avoiding the bullets. It was a never-ending game for the grounders. It was like tag, with bullets.

As for Freya, she was determined to keep her people safe at all cost. Even if it meant getting hurt in the end; pregnant or not.

" They're everywhere! Harper, get down! We need backup! Raven, our mines actually worked! " Jasper spoke into the walkies after a mine went off in the west.

" Jasper, we need you in the dropship right now. " Clarke spoke back, and Freya turned to look at Jasper, who looked back at her

" Negative. We can't give up the west woods. " Bellamys voice came through the walkie only seconds after

" The west woods are mined, Bellamy. The grounders just figured that out. Jasper, get in here. " Clarke ordered.

" I see one! There! There! " A kid yelled before he began to aimlessly itself.

" They want us to run out of ammo. All gunners, listen up. The grounders are not attacking. They're making us waste bullets. Don't shoot when they're running laterally." Jasper shouted into the walkie while climbing down the ladder

" Jasper's right. Don't fire until you're sure it's attack. Repeat, do not fire until you are sure. " Bellamy agreed.

Freya pulled her arrow back a little more when she saw a grounder creeping up on Bellamy now that he was without backup. When the grounder went to jump him, she released the arrow watching as it lodged into his back.