Chapter 52

When Magdalena woke up, the first person she saw was Selene who was sleeping beside her. Napasimagot siya at tumayo.

"The fuck?" she said and comb her hair using her fingers.

Lumingon siya sa isa pang kama at doon niya nakitang nakahiga si Kristina, but she became confused when she saw Miranda, Alois, and Lulu sleeping at the couch.

"Did something happened when I'm sleeping?" tanong niya sa sarili at humikab. "Nah."

She left the clinic and stretch her body. Napapatingin ang mga estudyanteng napapadaan dahil kumalat kaagad sa buong campus ang nangyari. Hindi niya na binigyang pansin 'yon at nagsimulang maglakad.

"I'm bored," usal ni Magdalena sa sarili. "Huh? There's a garden here?" out of curiosity, she walked towards the garden.

There is a field of peonies, and for some reason, it felt pleasant in her eyes. She felt peace to the point that she only wanted to do good deeds.

"There you are!"

And the peace was destroyed just like that.

"Ugh, die," iritang sabi niya at inatake ang lalaking nagsalita.

"Whoa!" The guy avoided the magic she threw at him and laughed. "Chill, you were so sweet and innocent girl. What happened now?"

Magdalena stared at the guy who was floating in the air. He has gold hair and blue eyes and he's quite handsome.

"Who are you?" she asked. "And why the fuck are you floating?"

The guy coughed. "First, I am Vedliz. I am God of Protection-"

"-what kind of protection? Birth protection or what?" putol niya sa sasabihin nito.

"Of course protection in humanity!" sigaw nito at bumuntonghininga. "The Almighty ordered me to watch you and your actions," he said as he floated around her.

"Almighty? The God's God?"

"Correct! Hmm, you had pitch black soul. Have you done so many bad things?" Vedliz asked.

"Nope. I'm innocent," she answered and started walking on the field of flowers.

"Come on, your soul wouldn't be that black if you're innocent," sabi nito.

Hindi siya pinansin ni Magdalena at nagpatuloy ng paglalakad. But Vedliz kept talking and talking which made her irritated, he was like a bee who kept buzzing and buzzing. Magdalena doesn't find it funny.

A lot of sharp dark magic pointed at Vedliz and she released it but Vedliz had a barrier so it didn't hit him but the magic pierced at his barrier.

Vedliz gulp. He didn't expect Magdalena to be this powerful. He was informed that Magdalena was a Demi-God, so close to being a new Goddess but who would expect that her magic could pierce through his barrier that even some of the strongest God and Goddesses couldn't?

"Should I modify my barrier?" he asked himself.

"Can you please stop following me before I put you six feet underground?" Magdalena looked at him with a smile on her face. "Or should I put your disgusting floating body into a meat shredder?"

Vedliz's eyes widened. "Wh-What? But I was tasked to look after you!"

"Look after my eyes. I won't do anything bad, okay? I changed."

He looked at her as he remembered when he accidentally looked at the magic mirror where Yvane was watching and saw her eating a little chick.

"Someone's coming. I gotta go but I'm still going to watch you," sabi niya.