Chapter 6- Awake

Eragon awoke in a bed that was not his own. He remembered little from what had happened, but he could tell it was still night for the moon was out. He saw Arya sleeping by a chair she had brought to watch over Eragon. Groggily, he slumbered out of bed and she awoke.
"Eragon... What happened? One moment you were still and the next you were writhing and convulsing on the floor!"
"How long have I been out?'
"Just about an hour or so... what happened? Are you ill?"
Eragon sat up and pushed his hair back. He sat up and looked at her. Reluctantly, he recounted the cryptic words from the voice in his dreams. Arya had a serious countenance as she lingered on every word he spoke. Finally, she sighed.
"Do you have any idea what it means?"
"No, but I suspect it is a thought that has been planted in my mind by magical means. Just like how the werecats were told of the Rock of Kuthian."
"Has it always been this bad?"
"No. This was the first time that has happened since..."
"Since...?"
"Since the spell I had cast over Vroengard." Arya slumped in her seat.
"Arya, is it possible, that this voice, is a means to help us from this King of the North? I know it is far-fetched but could it?"
"We won't know for sure Eragon. Not until they reveal themselves or we find them."
They sat in silence before Eragon rose from Arya's bed.
"Thank you, Arya Dröttning, for caring after my ailment. I should leave, Saphira will want to know about this. Perhaps, tomorrow we can spend some more time together? With Saphira and Firen?" He began to walk to the exit, without waiting for her reply. Before she could stop herself, Arya grabbed his hand. He spun and saw her staring at him with a look of solitude. Her gaze spoke more than words could as the distance between them rapidly closed as she walked closer towards him. Her eyes staring at his in an impassive manner. Raising his hand he placed two fingers on her lip and gently brushed them from top to bottom. As silent as a whisper, he uttered her true name. It was several lines long, but it was her very essence. All her deeds and misdeeds and her deepest thoughts encompassed in a few words. A howling wind encased them as her body coursed with energy, as if a stream of cold water snaked down her back. She opened her mouth to say his, but he hushed her with his finger. Eragon leaned in closer to her right pointed ear and waited for a moment. He took his hand away from her closed mouth and fell it to her waist. In that instance he spoke another name, a different name this time from the one he had given her seven years ago. Arya's mind overflowed with unfathomable flurry of images and emotions. His essences penetrated her senses as they both stood frozen for an eternity. She discerned a distinct affection for herself amongst his feelings and the thought comforted her. When he finished, beads of sweat had formed on his forehead. They stood staring at each other, each waiting for the other to act. Their faces were inches apart when Eragon leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. Arya was taken aback. Warmth spread through her body. A small smile appeared on Eragon's mouth as he strode away, leaving Arya in the darkness.

"I should go." He said with a hint of reluctance. "Why..." she said, in a barely audible whisper. Eragon turned to face her. "You know why. Goodnight, Arya-dunei."
"Goodnight, Eragon-dunei." she replied.