Chapter 12- Vroengard

Samuel felt the cool breeze against his face. Jura had curled around him, flattening the forest floor into a circular shaped ring around her Rider. Since Eragon had departed, and the impending threat of those beasts abated, Vroengard had resumed its peaceful state of seven years prior. But much had changed since then. Samuel had been able to see Vroengard morph from a desolate plain to a stronghold. He had been the first Rider to arrive on the island, and he had been the first to complete his tertiary training. His seven years as a Rider with Jura had taught him more than any of his fourteen in Aroughs. He was grateful Jura had chosen him. Groggily, he arose from his resting spot in the forest, waking Jura as he did.
Wake up, we have to find the others.
I was having a wonderful dream. If you wake me up like that again, I might have to reconsider being your dragon.
Samuel chuckled. Alright, alright. Lets go, we are supposed to meet with Laetri, Yazhgra and the Eldunari.
Together, they flew high above the canopy to the main hall where Riders and their dragons waited for instructions. Today was to be the day where Eragon contacted them from Alagaesia with news and instructions as to what the next course of action would be. A crowd of forty dragons and Riders had amassed at the entrance to the hall. The Eldunari, each displayed on a cushion within the hall were in deep discussion with Laetri and Yazhgra. Samuel and Jura joined them.
"Eragon and Saphira have not contacted us. Could something have gone wrong?" Laetri asked.
I doubt many things could pose a major threat to them. The voice came from Agravel, Laetri's dragon. He was a snow white dragon with piercing red eyes.
"We should give them time. It is the festival of the Rise in Alagaesia, and all around, people will be in a euphoric state." added Yazhgra in a deep undertone.

The Eldunari have sensed a darkness that has befallen Alagaesia. The voice came from Glaedr, a golden dragon turned Eldunari. His voice was deep and smooth like running water, as his words entered the minds of all. Murmurings of excitement and fear had erupted from the unofficial Riders and their dragons. The murmur grew to an unbearable volume, when a voice of pure strength had bursts forth.
SILENCE. Vroengard was still, as Saphira's words reverberated off the rocks, cliffs and trees.
Saphira, how is Eragon and yourself? We have been worried, said Glaedr cooly. Only dragons could fight dragons and expect to win. Saphira stayed silent, until finally she said
Ilirea was attacked last night by those who attacked us. The Masters. That is what they are called. They spilled the blood of innocents during the fifth day of the Rise, and I believe I am right in saying that in a very short amount of time, the carnage will resume. What is more is that they attacked Queen Arya. We are caring for her as best we can, and we have no doubt she will make a full recovery, but nonetheless, an attack on one of us, is an attack on our order. War is to come to Alagaesia, and the Riders will once again ride forth. Stir your bloodlust, and sharpen your claws, for when we fight, we fight to protect our home, our order and the ones you love, that you had to leave behind when the gods gave you this path. Ride to Ellesmera. Eragon and I had intended to fly back, but seeing as how the world is about to plunge into war, we cannot risk leaving Alagaesia whilst Arya is incapacitated. Take all the eggs with you, leave nothing in Vroengard, for when Eragon severs the spell shielding you from the rest of the world, the Masters will surely come for blood. The Eldunari, Samuel, Laetri and Yazhgra are in charge and you will do well to heed their orders. Anyone feeling rebellious or seeking some glory in the battle to come, can fight me. Eragon and I expect you there within the week. Travel safe, fly fast.
Silence ensued the land as all were left in awe of Saphira's dominance.
"You heard her. Gather your belongings. We fly at first light." Yazhgra said in a hoarse voice.