Chapter 29- Ω¥

Daylight approached, and with it, the sense of dread. News of Murtagh's disappearance had wracked at Eragon's mind. Nasuada had brought news that Murtagh had not reached her since departing on his mission. They had been in constant contact through an enchanted parchment. But his messages had stopped being sent. What's more is that, they had no idea his location.

Eragon had assured Nasuada that Murtagh had his reasons, but he too was beginning to doubt. It would be something he would have to investigate soon.

Arya lay by his side under the covers. The night had been cold and they had been grateful for the furs on their bed. Rain poured unendingly and unrelentingly, coating Ilirea in a cloudy, gray mist. He spotted Saphira's tail hanging from the roof of the castle. Whenever it rained, she slept outside. Training would resume as usual despite the rain. Today especially, the soldiers would have their first taste of battle combat.

Ava and Avarael had spent the night in a cave farther east. Unlike official Riders, Ava still enjoyed meat. Avarael would hunt game- deer or lamb- and Ava would roast it using spices she had collected. Their isolationist stand had been widely accepted by the official Riders, however amongst her peers, she was often excluded from the activities on Vroengard. It didn't bother her. She was not suited for the rigorous swordplay that the men, elves and Urgals were accustomed to, though, she could hold her own with her daggers.
We should head back soon. Eragon will be expecting us.
"There's no need, he's on his way here."

Eragon, Saphira, Arya and Firen flew briskly to the cave near the eastern sector of the forest.
Many of the Riders and dragons were to spend the day patrolling and embracing the ambience of Ilirea. A mound of dead bodies pulled by horse and cart was found barraging through the city streets from the main entrance early in the morning. Refugees. Women and children. Upon instructions from Nasuada, the guard was doubled, and escort units were sent to guide refugees safely into the city.

Ava saw them approaching from the cave entrance. She had set up three chairs, one for herself, and two for Arya and Eragon. The cave was large enough to house three fully grown dragons, so space was not an issue.
"Eragon-elda, Queen Arya, Bjartskular, Firen," Ava addressed.
Shall we begin? Saphira inquired.
"Yes, yes we shall." Eragon said.
In unison, Ava, Avarael, Eragon and Saphira closed their eyes.