Chapter 7- Come With Me

The next few days passed in a blur. Arya had never felt so at ease with life. She no longer felt her duty to her people as Queen was a burden, but a responsibility of the highest calibre. After dealing with her council each morning, she and Eragon would fly together around Du Weldenvarden, talking about an endless array of topics ranging from species of grass to the veined webs, visible under the wings of their dragons. Arya had never felt a euphoria quite like this, and she cherished every moment of it.

Soon the night before Eragon's departure to Ileria was upon her. As much as she tried to hide it, her sadness was visible. They, at Eragon's suggestion, sat on the roof of Tiadari Hall. The stone tiles slanted, allowing them to lay against the incline and gaze at the city with ease. Saphira and Firen had departed to the Crags of Tel'naeír to spend their last night together. To Eragon's amusement, Saphira had told him that she would only be returning in the morning.
"The stars are out tonight, Arya."
"So it seems." Arya replied blankly. They lay in an unbroken silence for a long while before Eragon moved his hand closer to hers, waiting to see if she would reciprocate. Arya made no move, and did not acknowledge his hand. Instead, she gazed longingly at Aries, the star constellation which served as an omen of war in the old days.

"Will I see you again soon Eragon?"

Her question took him by surprise.

"For that I am sure, if what is to come is true."

"Stay another week in Ellesmera."

"You know I can't." Arya was not one to get emotional, however a solitary tear had formed in her eye.

"Come with me. Come to Ilerea to celebrate the Rise at least. It will be good to council with Nasuada again."

"But-"

"You could not come with me the last time I asked, but now you can. Why is it you hesitate?" Arya was silent.

"Forgive me, Arya-Dröttning. I misspoke. My years on Vroengard seem to have robbed me of my manners."

"No, Eragon. I will accompany you to the celebrations, together."

He smiled.