.19

"Will, i need you to tell me what happened."

jonathan's voice echoed in my mind as i stared into space.
i was sitting at the edge of my bed and jonathan was sitting in a chair in front of me.
-Jonathan - "Will?" he grabbed my shoulder, making me jump.
-"sorry.." i spoke with a raspy voice.
Jonathan - "can you tell me what happened?" he asked once again, but i just ignored him and stared into my lap and fidgeting with my finger nails.

_

I watched Nancy and Steve telling Mrs. Byers and Hopper what has been going on. Max and I sat at their kitchen table and El, Lucas and Dustin were standing outside of Will's bedroom door to listen in.

Max -"How long have you.. you know?" she spoke trying to make conversation.
"How long have i what?"
Max - "how long have you had feelings for Will?" she asked.
"Um.. i kind of realized i did while we were in Illinois. but i think i've always known. i just tried to hide those feelings.. i guess." i explained, in a low tone.
Max - "have you always known Will had feelings for you?" she continued to ask.
"no.. not really. why, did you?"
Max - "i suspected it.. it was pretty obvious." she chuckled.
i stared at my feet, not knowing what else to say.
Max - "hey, i just hope you know that all of us are here for you both. we both support you and we love you guys no matter what. i'm proud of you for owning up to it." she placed her hand on my shoulder, making me tear up. i nodded my head before she stood up to hug me.

we separated when i heard Will's door open and jonathan came walking down the hallway towards me.
Jonathan -"can you try to get something out of him.. he won't tell me anything but he might tell you." he whispered before being called over by his mother.
i looked at max and she nodded her head in approval and nudged me forward.
i slowly walked down the hall until i made it to the doorway. i knocked on the door and he turned his head but didn't say anything.
"hey." i shut the door before making my way to the chair and sitting in front of him.

"Will, i know you probably are really scared right now.. from whatever you saw back there. I don't want to pressure you to talk about it yet,but when you're ready just know i'm here." i nodded my head.

he looked up at me and he had tears in his eyes.
Will - "i don't remember anything, otherwise i would tell you." he mumbled
"well, what do you remember?"
Will - "I remember leaving your house and going to my house.. and then going to the junkyard . when i was there eventually everything just went black and then i woke up and you all were there." he explained.

"do you remember what you said over the intercom to me? while you were in the junkyard?" i asked nervously.
he looked up from his lap and a tear fell from his face. he faintly nodded.
-"Will.. do you really believe you don't belong? you really believed that we wouldn't want you here?" my voiced cracked.
i noticed him trying to hold back sobs, so i pushed back the chair and sat next to him and pulled him into my arms. he cried over my shoulder which made my heart break.

-"Please don't do that again, Will. we need you here. i need you here, okay?" a tear fell from my face.
i felt him nod over my shoulder and i held him tighter in my arms, not wanting to let go.

...

dustin, lucas, max and el were listening in through the door, feeling compassion and sadness for us.
Lucas -"did anyone else know about Mike?" he whispered
Dustin - "Will, sorta. Mike, i had no idea."
Max - "are you okay with all of this, el?" she asked.
El - "i mean, i still love mike.. but i want him to be happy. if they're happier together then i'm happy too." she nodded, receiving a side hug from max.

they all backed up when they heard the door open and saw me walking through it.
i carefully closed the door behind me and stood next to them.
-"he doesn't remember anything, so he says." i mumble under my breath.
dustin -"what-you don't believe him?"
-"i'm unsure. the look he gave me when he woke up.. there's something he's not telling us. i know it." i whispered, hoping he wouldn't hear.
Max - "what should we do?"
-"i'm not sure. go home and get some rest before school tomorrow. i'm not sure if Will's gonna go or not. i'll keep in contact with Jonathan and i'll let you guys know.

the next morning

Lucas picked me up in his car around 20 minutes before school started.
i sat in his passenger seat and buckled up.
Lucas - "you hear anything from Jonathan?" he immediately asked.
-"yeah, he's gonna go to school today. He asked us to watch over him, just in case."
-"he really wants to go after that?" lucas wondered
he pulled the car out of park and headed across town.

i pulled my books from my locker and stuffed them in my bag. i walked towards Wills locker since we shared first period together, i wanted to walk with him. I saw him from afar and he looked.. honestly really terrible. he was sweating.. he looked exhausted and pale, almost sick. i didn't want to say anything so i just tapped on his shoulder and ignored it.
-"hey, want to walk to class together?" i offered, seeing how darker his eye color got over night, which made the entire thing feel more strange. it was probably just the lighting of school and i'm overthinking it.
he nodded, grabbing his bag and walking next to me. he didn't say anything, he just walked into class and sat down.
i sat behind him and for all of class, i couldn't focus. i just kept staring into Will's back. the neckline of his shirt that touched the back of his neck was drenched in sweat, it looked like he just got out of gym class. as the class progressed, he looked to get more and more sweaty. i don't understand why, the temperature feels normal in this school to me. almost cold even.

when Mr. Miller called on Will to answer a question on the board, Will didn't hesitate to grab his stuff and leave the classroom, leaving the teacher and the class a little shocked. Will loved answering questions and especially in this class. somethings not right.
i quickly followed him out the classroom and looked around to see the exit doors swinging close. i quickly ran down the hallway to find him and i saw him sitting against the brick wall. when he saw me, he looked almost annoyed.
-"hey, what's wrong?" i asked, standing above him.
-"you shouldn't have followed me out here, just go back to class." he stood up from the floor, his voice sounded extremely scratchy.
-"but-" i was interrupted by a slight shove to my back.
Troy -"What's up Wheeler? oh, look at that, James! skipping class to makeout? never took you for a rule-breaker, Byers!" he gave him a friendly punch to the shoulder.
-"what do you want, troy?" i rolled my eyes, getting nervous.
James took a pack of cigarettes and a lighter from his jacket and handed it to troy.
Troy - "just trying to taking a learning break." he joked, trying to act friendly with us. "want some byers?" he offered.
-"he's fine!" i yelled, not letting Will answer.
James -"speaking for your boyfriend now?"
Troy - "i believe i asked Will, not you Wheeler." he snarled, looking at Will.
Will looked to the ground, slightly shaking his head.
Troy -"i'm sorry, was that a no?" he moved closer to Will.
-" just leave him alone, Troy." i shook my head.
Troy -"you're smart Byers, if you smoke one cigarette: bam! you'll end up just like your father. a miserable, screwed up addict."
-"shut the hell up, Troy!" i defended
Troy - "it's no surprise why your dad left. He couldn't handle the fact that he raised such a fucking fairy. Hell, i'd leave too." they laughed, turning away and walking towards the parking lot.
Will faced them the entire time they walked away.
-"Will, i'm sorry just ignore th-"
i was interrupted by a teacher stepping out the doors and seeing us.
"Boys, where are you supposed to be? get back to class"

-"Will, c'mon let's go inside." i grabbed his shoulder, but he was stiff as a statue. he wouldn't budge to move.
-"Will! c'mon we have to go-"

before i could finish my sentence, a car comes out of nowhere and hits both Troy and James. The teacher comes running out the door and i feel my body walking forward a little after seeing what i just saw. i heard their screams across the building, making me feel more fear. i turned around and Will didn't have any emotion on his face. he didn't look scared or traumatized like i was. there was nothing.
he turned around and walked inside, not saying a word.

what the hell is wrong with him.
people quickly surrounded them in the parking lot, i started jogging towards the scene when i saw the car. nobody was even in the car.
it moved on its own.
did Will do this..
but how? unless
that's not Will.