Chapter 18: Therapy

Meanwhile at Beacon Academy, Ruby was seen taking a therapy session with Dr. Oobleck.

Apparently, the FOB head Corpsman diagnosed her with PTSD. Probably from witnessing a decapitation up close.

Ruby sat in a comfortable chair across from Dr. Oobleck, her eyes downcast and her hands fidgeting in her lap. The room was quiet, the only sound being the gentle ticking of a clock on the wall. Dr. Oobleck, with his characteristic energy slightly subdued, watched her with concern.

"Ruby, it's important to talk about what happened," Dr. Oobleck began gently. "Keeping these feelings bottled up won't help you heal."

Ruby took a deep breath, her voice barely above a whisper. "I can't stop seeing it... Every time I close my eyes, I see her... and Adam... and... everything."

Dr. Oobleck nodded, his expression sympathetic. "It's a natural response to such a traumatic event. Your mind is trying to process what happened, but it needs guidance. You're not alone in this, Ruby. Many people who've experienced what you have need time and support to recover."

Ruby's hands tightened into fists, her knuckles white. "I should have done something. I should have saved her."

Dr. Oobleck leaned forward, his eyes kind but firm. "You did everything you could in that situation, Ruby. It's easy to think of what-ifs and blame yourself, but the reality is, you were put in an impossible position. No one could have predicted or prevented what happened."

Tears welled up in Ruby's eyes, and she looked away, trying to hold them back. "I just... I can't shake the feeling that I failed."

"Ruby," Dr. Oobleck said softly, "feeling like this is part of the healing process. It's important to acknowledge your emotions, but also to recognize that you are not defined by this event. You are strong, and you have people who care about you and want to help you through this."

Ruby wiped her eyes and took a deep, shaky breath. "What can I do to stop these nightmares?"

Dr. Oobleck handed her a tissue and smiled gently. "We can work on techniques to help you manage your symptoms. Breathing exercises, grounding techniques, and talking about your experiences are all part of the process. It will take time, but with support and patience, you can heal."

Ruby nodded slowly, her resolve starting to strengthen. "Okay. I'll try."

"That's all I ask," Dr. Oobleck said encouragingly. "Remember, Ruby, you're not alone. We'll get through this together."

As the session continued, Ruby felt a small spark of hope begin to flicker within her. It would be a long journey, but she knew she had the strength and support to face it head-on.

After her session was done, Yang entered the man's office next for therapy.

Thanks to Lieutenant Colonel Bauer talking to Ozpin. He asked that the entirely of Team RWBY receives therapy. Not because of the decapitation thing. But for everything.

Yang sat down across from Dr. Oobleck, her usual bravado noticeably subdued. She fidgeted slightly, her eyes scanning the room as if trying to find an anchor in the unfamiliar environment.

"Hello, Yang," Dr. Oobleck greeted warmly, offering a reassuring smile. "How are you feeling today?"

Yang took a deep breath, crossing her arms in a defensive posture. "I've been better, doc. Just... a lot on my mind."

Dr. Oobleck nodded, his eyes kind and understanding. "That's perfectly understandable. You've been through quite a bit recently. It's important to address those feelings and experiences. Let's start with what's been weighing on you the most."