Chapter 6: Hello Beacon

A two weeks later, we see a room was filled with the buzz of excitement and anticipation as Marines and soldiers from various countries gathered around the makeshift arm-wrestling table. The atmosphere was electric, with cheers, jeers, and good-natured taunts echoing through the air. Igor, the burly Russian Marine, was locked in a fierce arm-wrestling match with a determined Swedish soldier. Sweat dripped from their brows as their muscles strained against each other.

"Don't you fuckin' lose, Igor!" Shino and Mari shouted, their voices rising above the din.

"Beat that Ruskie Crayon Eater!" a Mexican soldier yelled, adding to the spirited rivalry.

Anthony, David, and other members of 235th Papa Company were right there, cheering for Igor, their shouts blending into a cacophony of support and encouragement. Igor's face was a mask of concentration, his teeth gritted as he put all his strength into the match.

The Swedish soldier, equally determined, dug in his heels and pushed back, his biceps bulging with the effort. The crowd around them roared, creating a wall of sound that seemed to press in on the two competitors.

"Come on, Igor! Show him what you're made of!" Anthony shouted, clapping his hands for emphasis.

David leaned closer, his voice steady and confident. "You got this, Igor! Don't let up!"

Igor's eyes flicked to his friends, drawing strength from their support. With a renewed burst of energy, he shifted his grip slightly and pushed harder. The Swedish soldier's arm trembled, the strain becoming evident on his face.

"That's it! Push, Igor, push!" Mari yelled, her fists clenched in excitement.

The Swedish soldier grunted, his own comrades urging him on with equal fervor. But the momentum was shifting. Slowly, almost imperceptibly at first, Igor began to gain the upper hand. The crowd's volume increased, everyone sensing the tide turning.

"Come on, Svensson! Don't let him win!" a Swedish soldier shouted, trying to rally his friend.

But it was too late. With a final, mighty effort, Igor slammed the Swedish soldier's hand down onto the table. The room exploded in cheers and applause, the Marines and their allies celebrating their friend's hard-fought victory.

"Yes! That's what I'm talking about!" Shino exclaimed, pumping her fist in the air.

Mari grinned widely, giving Igor a thumbs-up. "Great job, Igor! You showed him!"

Anthony and David clapped Igor on the back, their faces lit with pride and camaraderie. "Well done, man," Anthony said, his voice warm with approval.

Igor, still catching his breath, nodded and smiled. "Thanks, everyone. That was tough."

The Swedish soldier, rubbing his defeated arm, extended his other hand to Igor. "Good match. You're strong."

Igor shook his hand firmly. "You too. That was a real challenge."

As the excitement began to settle, the soldiers and Marines returned to their seats, the camaraderie and mutual respect among them palpable. The arm-wrestling match had been a fun diversion, a moment of levity in the midst of their serious duties. But it also reinforced the bonds between them, proving that no matter their origins, they were united in their mission and their friendship.

The celebrations continued with laughter, storytelling, and the sharing of more drinks. Each person there knew that moments like these were precious, a reminder of the humanity they all shared amidst the chaos of their military lives.

The victory celebration carried on, but the atmosphere was always underlined by a sense of vigilance. Each trooper, despite the camaraderie and the moments of levity, kept their weapons close. The elimination of the Grimm and the destruction of the White Fang base were significant accomplishments, but the soldiers knew better than to let their guard down completely.