Chapter 7: Talks, Fights, Talks, Laughs...

As the Marines were busy establishing their FOB near Beacon Academy's courtyard, Blake Belladonna sought out David, curious about his experiences and driven by a mixture of gratitude and cautious optimism. She found him overseeing the setup of some equipment and approached him quietly.

"Hey, David. Can we talk for a moment?" Blake asked, her voice soft yet firm.

David turned to her, giving a nod. "Sure, Blake. What's on your mind?"

She took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts. "I heard you and your team cleared out all the Grimm in Menagerie. That's... incredible. It would have taken us years to do that. How did you manage it?"

David shrugged modestly, his expression serious. "Teamwork, planning, and a lot of firepower. We've trained for situations like that, but it was still tough. Menagerie was swarming with Grimm, but we had a mission and we executed it."

Blake's eyes widened with a mix of shock and admiration. "You did all that in just a week. You must be really good at what you do."

David smiled slightly. "It's our job. We're trained to handle the toughest situations. But yeah, it was a hard-fought week."

There was a brief silence before Blake decided to share something personal. "David, there's something else. I'm a Faunus."

David's response caught her off guard. He nodded, completely unphased. "I know."

Blake blinked in confusion. "You know? How did you know?"

David deadpanned, his tone almost making her feel silly. "Your bow twitches sometimes, and your last name, Belladonna, is a pretty well-known one among the Faunus community. It wasn't too hard to put two and two together."

Blake felt a mix of embarrassment and relief. "I... I see. I thought I was hiding it well."

David chuckled lightly. "You're doing fine, Blake. Being a Faunus isn't something to be ashamed of. Besides, we're here to help everyone, Faunus or human. We don't make distinctions like that."

Blake's initial shock melted into a warm appreciation. "Thank you, David. It means a lot to hear that. For a long time, I've felt like I had to hide who I am."

David's expression softened. "You don't have to hide anymore. We're all in this together. If there's one thing we've learned, it's that unity is our greatest strength."

Blake nodded, feeling a sense of camaraderie and understanding. "I'm glad you're here, David. And I'm glad I got to know you better."

David smiled. "Likewise, Blake. Now, let's get this FOB set up. We've got work to do."

As they continued their tasks, Blake felt a newfound sense of belonging and trust in the Marines. The bond between them and the students of Beacon Academy grew stronger, setting the stage for a united front against the challenges ahead.

As Blake walked away, David sighed heavily, the weight of their conversation settling on his shoulders. Anthony, who had been nearby and overheard the exchange, approached him with a curious look.

"You alright, man?" Anthony asked, concern evident in his tone.

David nodded slowly, though his expression was still troubled. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking about something... heavier."

Anthony raised an eyebrow, sensing the gravity in David's words. "What's on your mind?"

David took a deep breath, trying to find the right words. "You know, Anthony, one of these days, we're going to have to explain a lot to them. Not just about who we are as Marines, but about our history—things like 9/11 and other terrorist attacks. They need to understand why we do what we do, why we train so hard, why we fight."