Eyes of the Reaper - Light X Reader

You were walking along the hallway of your school, heading towards the door that led outside into the school car park. It was finally the end of the day, after lessons which had seemed to drag by so slowly today. You were walking fast, wanting to get home quickly so you could throw yourself down on your bed and plug your earphones in, and let yourself relax to your favourite bands.

You were looking down at the ground as you walked, so you didn't notice someone walking towards you as you headed out of school. There was a brown-haired boy coming towards you, and his shoulder bumped roughly into yours as he walked past. You looked up, startled, and the boy spun around. "Sorry!" he said. "I didn't mean to bump into you."

"It's fine," you said, and turned to walk away.

"You're (F/N), right?" he asked, and you turned back to look at him. His brown eyes were regarding you curiously.

You nodded. "Yeah. And you're...Light Yagami, the school genius." You shifted your gaze to just above his head where, in red, his name hovered in plain view to you - but invisible to anyone else. You frowned as you realised that you couldn't see his lifespan; you knew exactly what that meant, but... Was it really possible that someone from your school - not just someone, but the school's top student, and someone you had always admired - had possession of a Death Note?

Light's eyes narrowed as he saw you looked above his head. "What are you looking at?" he asked suspiciously.

So he knew. He knew about the Eyes of the Reaper - the Shinigami Eyes. He must do if he was so suspicious about where you were looking. You dropped your gaze back to meet his, and decided there was only one thing you could do to make absolutely sure. You reached into your school bag, searching for the Death Note you carried around with you - after all, you could always say it was a journal if he asked what it was. You pulled it out, pretending to look through the pages for something, and out of the corner of your eye you saw his expression become one of surprise. "You have a Death Note."

That confirmed it. You closed the book, tucking it under your arm and looking him straight in the eye. "So do you."

He frowned. "You have the Eyes, don't you? You made the deal and gave up half of your remaining lifespan in order to be able to see everyone else's real names and lifespans."

You shrugged. "It was necessary. I'm an admirer of Kira but I figured out that he didn't have the Eyes, so I realised that if I had the Eyes and somehow sent him a message about it, he might let me work with him." I narrowed my eyes at Light. "You're him, aren't you?" I realised. "Not only have you got a Death Note, but you're Kira."

Light looked around, relaxing a little when he saw that no one was nearby. "Yes. I am Kira," he said. "And I suppose if you're not too much trouble, then there's nothing wrong with allowing you to be, let's say, the second Kira."

Your eyes widened. "The second Kira? Really?"

He nodded. "As long as you follow my orders, I don't mind you being another Kira. In fact, it'll probably help, since it will confuse L and the police force working with him."

"I've heard that L's pretty clever," you told him. "And that he's solved every case he's ever worked on. So we'd better be careful."

"Yes." Light reached out a hand towards your notebook. "May I see your Shinigami?"

"Sure." You allowed him to brush his hand against the cover of the Note, and then saw his gaze shift to look behind you. Your Shinigami blinked back at him, not saying anything.

Light looked back to you. "I'm assuming you'll want to meet my Shinigami too - so why don't we meet up sometime? Does seven o' clock tonight at my house sound okay?"

"Yeah," you said. "I'll need to know where your house actually is, though."

He gave you his address, and smiled. "So. I'll see you at my place at seven, (F/N)."

"Yep." You grinned. "See you then...Kira."