006 don't care

006. don't care

vivianne whined as gracie helped her inside the apartment that night, keeping an arm wrapped around her waist so she wouldn't fall to the ground

"okay, just- okay, hold on, stop whining," gracie grumbled, kicking the door closed with her foot and leading the younger girl to the living room.

"don't tell me what to do," vivianne slurred, flipping gracie off with a giggle, but gracie just huffed, shaking her head and sitting the girl down on the sofa.

"okay, wait here, riley. i'm gonna get you some water," gracie let out a breath, rubbing the back of her neck before standing up properly and going to walk to the kitchen. but when she looked over her shoulder, she noticed vivianne close her eyes, trying to go to sleep as she fell forward. gracie cursed, acting quickly and running towards vivianne, catching her before she could fall to the ground, "oh my god, okay, okay".

"let go of me," vivianne scoffed, opening her eyes and pushing gracie's hands off of her.

"do you want to fall and hit your head?" gracie asked in a rhetorical manner before lying vivianne down on the sofa, "just...give me a break, okay? i'm gonna get you some water".

"i don't need anything," vivianne cried out in annoyance, "i- i'm fine, abrams".

gracie sighed, staring down at vivianne as her face softened, but when she realised how she was acting, she immediately shook her head, looking away from vivianne and walking into the kitchen. vivianne stared up at the ceiling as she played with the sleeve of her shirt, giggling from time to time and yelling out random words to gracie. but gracie ignored her, grabbing a glass cup and pouring some cold water into it.

"oh my god! is this a dog?" vivianne giggled loudly, and gracie looked over to her from where she was standing in the kitchen. the dog jumped on the sofa beside vivianne, barking loudly and trying to lick her face, "ugh, no!".

"oh, weenie," gracie muttered, holding onto the cup and walking back into the living room, "ween, off".

weenie barked and jumped off of the sofa, running around the living room in excitement. gracie looked down at vivianne and helped her sit up on the sofa, her hand on her shoulder.

"here, drink some water," gracie softly said, holding the cup towards vivianne.

"fuck off".

"vivianne, i swear to-".

"i don't need anything from you," vivianne spat, staring down at her lap and suddenly leaning forward again. gracie placed the cup of water on the coffee table and put both hands on vivianne's shoulders, making sure she wouldn't fall off the sofa.