018 close to you

018. close to you

"where did you go after jason's party?" ryan asked with furrowed eyebrows, staring at the riley girl who was too busy texting someone on her phone, the two of them sat down on top of the rooftop, having some alcohol that afternoon

"hm? back to my apartment," she answered quietly, keeping her eyes on her phone as she giggled at the text she read.

"why?".

"because i was bored," she lied, not even bothering to look away from her phone once. she laughed again, reading the text message the person sent. ryan raised his eyebrows and glanced over to the phone to see who she was texting, but vivianne noticed. she acted quickly, turning her phone off and moving it away from him, "dude, what are you doing?".

"what do you think?" he asked in a rhetorical manner, watching the girl shove her phone in her pocket and look at the buildings in front of them, "you never look this happy when texting someone. soo...who are you texting?".

"your mom".

"shut the fuck up," he rolled his eyes while vivianne giggled, "if you have a boyfriend then just say so".

vivianne's face fell after hearing those words, and she just hummed instead of saying anything, wrapping her arms around her legs and hearing the cars driving past the apartment complex's, vehicles beeping loudly. vivianne hated that people think she has a boyfriend, because she literally hated men. vivianne was actually texting gracie, and since the two of them had kissed at her apartment, they wouldn't stop talking. vivianne didn't know what was going to happen next, since they literally kissed theee times and gracie admitted she liked her. vivianne did like gracie as well, which she never thought would happen in her life, but it did. she heard her phone beep in her pocket, and she knew it was gracie who messaged her again, but she didn't grab it, because she didn't want ryan seeing. if ryan found out her and gracie were on good terms, he'd get confused and start asking questions, many questions. if all her friends found out, it wouldn't really go well since they knew she hated her, and they don't really like gracie as well.

"you gonna answer that?".

"nope," she shook her head.

"don't want to upset your boyfriend-".

"i don't have a fucking boyfriend!" vivianne snapped, looking over to the boy who's eyes slightly widened. vivianne slowly sighed and looked down to the ground, an apologetic look on her face as she calmed down, "sorry".

"no, i'm sorry," he apologised.

"it's fine," she mumbled, an awkward silence between the two friends now. vivianne cleared her throat to break the silence, and she looked back at ryan, a small smile forming on her face as she changed the subject, "anyways, you auditioned for another movie, right?".