008 i'm okay

008. i'm okay

vivianne helped her mom wash the dishes that night, while james was outside the apartment with the abrams, saying goodbye to them

vivianne helped her mom wash the dishes that night, while james was outside the apartment with the abrams, saying goodbye to them. vivianne didn't talk that much after she went back downstairs, and sophie immediately noticed.

sophie glanced over to her daughter a few times, a frown on her face when vivianne wouldn't even look at her.

"you okay, honey?" sophie asked as she looked down at the plate she was washing, and vivianne just hummed, nodding her head, "you still hungry? i saved your food".

vivianne stood there for a moment as she thought about what her mom just said, but then, she shook her head.

"i'm okay," she told her.

"oh, okay".

they heard the apartment door open, and james walked back inside, a smile on his face as he closed it behind him, drinking another beer. vivianne kept her eyes on the dishes she was cleaning, not looking at her father who was clearly drunk. james saw the girls cleaning the dishes, but instead of going to help them, he just took another sip of his drink and walked upstairs, letting out a burp which made vivianne scrunch her nose in disgust.

"what were you doing upstairs?".

"what?" vivianne furrowed her eyebrows as she looked up at her mom.

"after you had dinner," sophie explained, "you excused yourself and went upstairs, what were you doing?".

"oh, nothing, i just needed to go to the bathroom," vivianne answered her question with a shrug, and she looked back down at the sink, grabbing a plate and washing it. sophie just nodded and continued cleaning the dishes, but vivianne looked back at her, her eyebrows raised in confusion, "why did you ask gracie to come up and check on me?".

"what?".

"you asked gracie to go upstairs and check on me," vivianne reminded her with an annoyed chuckle, "and you know i don't like being around her, so why did you ask her to?".

"i didn't ask her to go check on you," sophie laughed, bumping onto vivianne's shoulder with hers while washing the plate she was holding, "she followed you upstairs".

vivianne looked away as her face softened, but she immediately shook her head, "oh".

"what did you two talk about up there?".

"oh, we didn't talk," vivianne lied as she grabbed a cloth and started drying the dishes.

"right, because you hate each other," sophie sighed, "come on, you two should actually try and get along for once-".