023 realisation

023. realisation

damon helped vivianne clean her bloody hand, washing it under the sink as she winced from the pain a few times

"i'm sorry," damon apologised as he cleaned her hand, but she shook her head.

"it's fine," she mumbled, and he stared at her for a moment before continuing to clean her hand.

"you shouldn't have done that," he shrugged, staring down at her hand and still cleaning it. when he finally looked back at vivianne, he saw the girl glaring at him, "just saying," he said, and she rolled her eyes, looking back down to her hand and seeing that all the blood was now gone.

vivianne frowned at his words, and she looked down at her fist that was now starting to bruise. she has never beat up anyone like that in her life. yeah, she's punched someone before when she was in high school, but it was only one hit, this time, she didn't stop, and she honestly thinks she wouldn't have stopped if damon didn't pull her away from the girl. there were a few witnesses there as well, so she was starting to get worried if they were gonna end up telling the police. she didn't see anyone recording though, so that was a good thing. and if her parents find out about it, if her dad finds out, he's gonna be so fucking pissed. he was really mad when he found out she punched someone in high school, so she knew he'd be 10x mad when he finds out she beat up a girl in front of a bar at the parking lot. hopefully he won't find out, because she doesn't want to deal with him.

"she looks really messed up," she heard damon sigh, and she kept her eyes on her first, "like— she was bleeding all over her face and everything".

"mhm," vivianne hummed, and damon glanced at her for a second, a frown on his face.

"i've never seen you so angry before. you were really mad and you just punched her. without any hesitation, kinda freaked me out to be honest," he paused, pressing his lips together, "you punched her for a reason, right?".

vivianne didn't look at damon, and she let out a shaky sigh, knowing exactly why she punched the girl, and knowing what she was going to tell damon. and if vivianne didn't punch her, damon would've found out about vivianne's sexuality. and that would've been so bad for vivianne, because that would mean she wouldn't been able to come out to him her own way.

"what was she going to say?".

"nothing," vivianne lied, shaking her head and jumping off of the bathroom counter.

"nothing? seriously," he scoffed, not believing the girl. he followed her to the living room, and he watched vivianne collapse on the sofa, lying down on her back and staring up at the ceiling, ignoring her puppy who was barking, wanting her attention, "come on, vivianne. i know she was going to say something".