Chapter 20: Surprise!

*Day time -- 5:24pm*

Sonic was in the living room, laying on the couch while he watched a movie until the front door opened, it was shadow coming back from a long day at work.

"Hey shads, how was work?" sonic said as he sat up.

"Bad" shadow said while he took off his shoes and walked upstairs, not saying another word after that.

"Wow, that bad" sonic lays down once more and thinks of a way to cheer him up, then a idea popped up.

*The next day -- nighttime -- 10:24pm*

The night goes as always, sonic and shadow turns into their beastly forms while they're at their house. shadow sleeps on the bed, meanwhile sonic wakes up early to get everything prepared. as he was about to get up, his arm was grabbed by shadow in the moment his foot was on the floor.

"Where are you going?" shadow whispered in tiredness while his eyes were half open.

"Just going for a walk" sonic said.

"Alright, I'll go with you" shadow slowly sat up but was lightly pushed back to the bed.

"No, you're staying in bed" sonic said with a gentle tone.

Shadow says okay as he closes his eyes and went back to sleep. once he was fully asleep, sonic got up and quietly walked out the room. once the front door was closed, shadow opened his eyes and got up.

'What are you doing sonic?' shadow put on his shoes and walked out the house to follow him.

*34 minutes later*

'Damn it sonic, where the hell are you going!?, my legs are killing me' shadow hides behind a tree while he watches him walk.

Sonic stop at his tracks in front of some bushes, looking around for anything before crawling into the bushes. shadow gets out of his hiding spot and stood in front of them. he took a whole minute to think about it before crawling into them. once shadow was though, he was caught by surprise.

A picnic was set up, fairy lights were lined on tree to tree, and beach chairs were set up in front of a small table.

"Shit" shadow turned his head to the right and saw sonic, who was struggling to open a beach umbrella.

"Fuck!, this is struggling with these stupid hands of mine!" sonic said as he struggled more opening it with his claws.

"Sonic?" sonic jumped into place and turned to him.

"Hey-y shadow . . . uh, surprise" sonic said with an awkward smile.

"So, this is what you have been doing" shadow said, sonic sighs and nods yes.

"Why?" shadow asked.

"It's just . . you have been coming home exhausted as hell lately from work and I thought that maybe I would throw you a little surprise for you" sonic said. 

Shadow smiled as he walked towards him and grabbed both of his hands to kiss them.

"Thank you, my love, I appreciate it" shadow said with a soft smile while he looked into his green eyes in a romantic way.

Sonic immediately blushed at the way his ruby eyes look at him and covered his face with his hands in embarrassment, shadow saw this and uncovered his face.

"I'm sorry my dear, I didn't mean to embarrass you" shadow then kissed his cheek lightly, leaving lipstick on him.

"It's okay shads" they kissed for a second before pulling away.

"Before we get all romantic and stuff, can we eat first" sonic said as they looked down at the set up picnic.

"Haha alright then, let's eat" shadow said.

"Okay but just gave me a minute to open this stupid umbrella" sonic said as he tries to open it.

Suddenly, shadow went behind him and helped him with the thing. sonic jumped a little in surprise as he stays still. shadow grabbed onto his right hand to pull it up and opened it. he then carried him to the picnic and placed him down after sitting next to him.

"Now with that out of the way, let's eat" shadow said.